The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread

dooberGN

Established Member
how do you inherit a team that ceased to exist? Modell owned the Browns, he moved them to Baltimore, and renamed them the Ravens. I though Randy Lerner was the one who brought them back as an expansion team?

as much as i like dogging on the Browns just because they've been the NFL's skidmark for so many years, I hope the new guy does something active and makes a splash. Lerner and his hiring choices were so conservative and bland they hardly included any risk, and absolutely almost zero reward.

I never even heard of Pat Shurmur before he became the HC of Cleveland, and when they announced the hiring I was like WHO? :dw: Mangina was an epic and catastrophic failure as I knew he would be, Crennel was a questionable call and so were all the dufus' who coached prior to that from the time they came back in the league in 1999. I think it was Chris Palmer who was their first HC when they came back. It's like the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while" rule didn't even apply in Cleveland, because they resembled a blind, retarded, deaf, mute, fingerless and toeless dog desperately trying to get help, but unable to call for help or see to find his way.

Although I thought it was fantastically epic that Kansas City locked Crennel in as HC, don't have to worry about them winning another division anytime soon with the Walrus behind the podium

lolrac-221x300.jpg

he's a great DC, but he sucks as a head coach.

Al Lerner brought the team back and died in 2002, then Randy took over. Randy owns a soccer club in England and seems to enjoy that more which is why I'm glad he's gone.

Planter

Banned
I'll have to check my pictures, but I don't recall seeing him yesterday, which is odd. If he just signed with the team in July, why wasn't he at training camp yesterday?

mr2cam

Established Member
Hopefully the Seahawks will at least go 8-8 this year, hahaha

Planter

Banned
Hopefully the Seahawks will at least go 8-8 this year, hahaha

well, they finally have something that resembles a quarterback. After all the talent and development that Pete Carroll molded into NFL QB's at USC, I'm just a bit shocked he stuck with Hasselbeck as long as he did, and then went lower in the sewer to reach down and grab Tavaris Jackson by the horsecollar of his jersey as he was about to slide on by right out of the NFL.

but it remains to be seen if Flynn will have a decent supporting cast or not, and if he doesn't we'll find out just how good he really is compared to what he displayed in GB with the talent he had around him then.

mr2cam

Established Member
q

well, they finally have something that resembles a quarterback. After all the talent and development that Pete Carroll molded into NFL QB's at USC, I'm just a bit shocked he stuck with Hasselbeck as long as he did, and then went lower in the sewer to reach down and grab Tavaris Jackson by the horsecollar of his jersey as he was about to slide on by right out of the NFL.

but it remains to be seen if Flynn will have a decent supporting cast or not, and if he doesn't we'll find out just how good he really is compared to what he displayed in GB with the talent he had around him then.

Ya I have no idea what he was thinking with TJ.. Hasselback had his time, but it is long passed.. Hopefully Flynn will be a decent QB but im not holding my breath.

dooberGN

Established Member
Nice the browns are officially sold already, went for a little over a billion. Excited for the future hearing nothing but good things about Jimmy Haslem, someone who cares actually owns the team.

Planter

Banned
looks like all is not well in Kansas City, there articles are a bit old, but still relevant in the fact that if the turnover rate is true, it's going to be tough for that team to develop any type of cohesion in any aspect, whether it's the office or the coaches or on the field. but that's good news to me, because it's just one less relevant AFC West team to worry about.

I'm still lol'ing at the clowns who are picking Kansas City to win the division this year. New coach, new coaching staff, lot's of new office people..sorry not buying into that. It's between the Broncos and Chargers, and the Raiders will be a non-factor as well.

Arrowhead anxiety: Turnover off the field causes concern - KansasCity.com

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/20/3503895/chiefs-whiff-on-chance-to-improve.html

Nice the browns are officially sold already, went for a little over a billion. Excited for the future hearing nothing but good things about Jimmy Haslem, someone who cares actually owns the team.

Jesus Christ! $1 Billion???? :eek: man, these teams are getting WAY up there in value. Used to be you could snag one for a couple hundred million, now they've more than quintupled in price.

congrats though, glad you got an owner who cares, shame to see it happen so late into this season, but I won't be surprised come January to see him clean house from the ground up and start all over. Holmgren was a bad decision as GM. Shurmur is an idiot, so was Mangina, and Crennel. I look for the new owner to make some serious noise come January with hiring decisions.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Cleveland has a fan base that renovates a lot of money.

As the post of how much a team is worth, the Eagles are about a billion too.

Users who are viewing this thread