The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

rborden

Established Member
After signing Shohei Ohtani to a 10 year $700M contract in the off-season, the Dodgers now have a PR disaster on their hands after allegations of gambling on baseball have surfaced. But even more damning is the fact it appears he was also throwing games that he was allegedly betting on.

The past few years ALL sports have felt very scripted. The Dodgers 2020 covid shortened championship season, the Lakers doing the same, the Bucs with Tom Brady, the Chiefs, Stafford and the Rams winning a Super Bowl the same year he was traded.

If the Ohtani betting on baseball allegations are true, he should be permanently banned from Major League Baseball just as Pete Rose was.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Pete rose shouldn't be banned

He gambled, but he never bet on his team to lose.

That is all.
The Baseball Hall of Fame should change its name to the Baseball Hall of Justice. I personally don't even care about the guys like Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds who used and lied about taking 'roids. They should be in Cooperstown.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Ohtani's finished if these allegations are true. It's too bad because he was a very likable guy and a hell of a ball player.

On a more baseball related topic, just how bad will the Red Sox be remains to be seen but we were promised shock and awe during the off season and they did next to nothing to improve their roster.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
HOLY "PARTICIPATION TROPHY" MOMENT!!!

They made the "playoffs" with the 28th highest (3rd lowest) payroll in the MLB. So yeah, hang that ****ing banner

*edit* they're also from arguably the toughest division in baseball

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
They made the "playoffs" with the 28th highest (3rd lowest) payroll in the MLB. So yeah, hang that ****ing banner
The "Playoffs'...SHOULD be the WINNERS of EACH of the 4 Divisions...

Anything else is like Hockey... the Regular Season means NOTHING!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn, hadnt seen the ties to Ohtani throwing games and shit.

Outside of the world series I dont watch but I do enjoy watching Yankees fans suffer every year just like the Cowboys

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

These ****ing umps and of course we can’t forget the worst in the league Angel Hernandez…

IMG_9467.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread