The proven best Terminator cooling mod EVER!

lguizar12

Established Member
a6cd8a9b-23f0-f44b.jpg

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Crackerballer

Nice find. Me love you long time :beer:

Is this full CF? Wonder what the weight is. They never publish that detail.

I just might spring for one of these if the weight justifies the price and how well they fit. Will paint it the faster silver color :rockon:

I did some research on TruCarbon, the people who make the CF OEM one. Apparently their quality is amazing, and the 05-10 guys and GT500 guys LOVE them and their hoods. Do a google search on here and modular mustangs and see all the good feedback. I wonder the same thing about the weight though, I would love the OEM CF hood and paint it silver.

Digital

Established Member
Jimmy why not just take the hood off for track days? Is there a safety issue with that or something?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy why not just take the hood off for track days? Is there a safety issue with that or something?

Because it would overheat worse than ever.:nonono:

The only way a radiator that is tucked away under all that body work, can get enough air through it to remove enough heat from the engine coolant...

Is to have as large an air pressure differential as possible. Since we can't increase the frontal in coming air pressure, we have to lower the behind the rad air pressure.

If the hood is removed, you will have air swirling around down in back of the radiator and less will blow through because there would be less difference in pressure.

The multiple ramped vent louvers each add to the vacuum pulled out of the engine bay, which makes it easier for air to blow through the rad.

DevilSun

Established Member
I may have to challenge a local body guy that he can't do what the original guy did, and mate the hood panel to the stock hood frame :)

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
if i dont have to re-mortgage the farm to pay for the shipping expense. i would take one immediately, all that tiger stuff seems to be the best stuff offered for performance enhancements

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
if i dont have to re-mortgage the farm to pay for the shipping expense. i would take one immediately, all that tiger stuff seems to be the best stuff offered for performance enhancements

Ouch ... Yes freight to Hawaii is going to be painful.

Your take on Tiger Racing parts being purely functional is dead on, it's not for bling.
Though I think they also did a great job making it look good at the same time it is working.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
God love Tiger Racing. :D

However a little more cowl to that hood would help.
Not a whole lot, just a little more to clear some not so stock equipment and maybe even a taller version for the M112 V6 guys. :D

gmsux

Established Member
These look interesting especially the GT3. They're up here in Oregon too about 6 hours from my house. I would want to know the weight, if it was also a light hood that may require me to call 'em up and take a road trip.

I like the tiger better though so if that were available, I may take that one.

Good discussion.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
So are they making this thing yet..? as at least a hinged model? I don't care about the stock latch setup so much. I'm gonna use Quick Latches anyway. I'll beta test and provide input on fit and finish, functionality(underhood temps), etc...

Users who are viewing this thread