The Ram Rebel (beware Raptor)

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
So when Dodge plasters their name in huge letter it's shit, but when Ford slaps it on the Raptor it's badass.....k. got it lol

lol pretty much. I'm glad to see Dodge get something like this going. It's not bad but it's no Raptor thanks to the suspension. At least it has a V8.

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
I don't like the looks of the Dodge at all and I think the name Rebel sounds stupid. I do, however, like the looks of the new raptor far better than the outgoing model. I still wouldn't buy one because if I spend that kind of coin on a truck like that, it had better now sound like shit and this one will.

TorchMach

Established Member
It almost seems like Ford and Dodge teamed up on putting those bigass stamps on the tailgate....quietly waits for Chevy to do the same...

Edit: This thing won't touch a Raptor's market one bit..

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yep, FCA themselves admitted it isn't meant to be a Raptor competitor.

....mostly because a Raptor would wipe the flloor with it. But this will be quite a bit cheaper.

Bet it won't be much cheaper. For what you get in a Raptor, it's really not that expensive. You can get most of the creature comforts of a high end F150, plus tons of suspension work, bigger tires, wider body, etc. but it's still the same price as that normal F150.

94_Vert

Established Member
When something doesn't compete with the Raptor, it's sucks? :??: Complaining about the size of the letters? Complaining about the looks? Saying Raptor FTW, really? This truck is not built to compete with the Raptor, they did that on purpose. If Dodge wanted to, they could, they chose not to. Doesn't mean this is a POS. Looks are subjective and many people think the Raptor is as ugly as you think the Rebel is. Judge it for what it is. Don't have double standards. The lettering on the Raptor are just as large and it's looks are as odd as the Rebel. Raptor, Rebel and TRD Pro trucks all look odd. But I guess because Ford did it first, that's OK. Too much brand pride going on.

This is a Ford performance website, so of course there's going to be bias. The fact is the article you linked says "New Ram Rebel to take on F-150 Raptor", so before you go on a rant about how you shouldn't compare this abomination with the Raptor, you may want to read the headline of the article you are going to link. Apparently, Dodge thinks people are stupid and won't know that it's just a Ram with an appearance package

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I thought we all agreed on the Raptor having a stupid tailgate too. I hope that shit doesn't make it to production.

Granted this one does make the Raptors seem a little easier to swallow.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
The last gen Raptor would eat this alive and the new gen Raptor will crap it out!! Minus the Ford lettering on the tailgate the new Raptor is bad ass!! So is Ram (dodge) only trying to appeal to the south with a name like Rebel?

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
You have to remember 95% of people are stupid bros and auto manufactures know this so they make vehicles to provide.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The last gen Raptor would eat this alive and the new gen Raptor will crap it out!! Minus the Ford lettering on the tailgate the new Raptor is bad ass!! So is Ram (dodge) only trying to appeal to the south with a name like Rebel?

That Plastic panel should peel off.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
don't agree that they are comparable. The rebel is for out door uses but not offroading or racing. Raptor still wins.

Users who are viewing this thread