- The Restoration Of My 93 Pickup -

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
It's just such a shame to see that after all the work you did and how close you were to respraying it you have to do even more work to get it straight again. I hope you get compensated well and the truck turns out even better than you originally planned. Marty McFly Toyota FTMFW :rockon:

jliddle

Established Member
Well it turns out that I will be getting my non-repairable parts repalaced. As well as getting paid my hourly rate to fix the body damage. A final estimate isn't set in stone yet but there will be ALOT of repair.

Thanks again for the kind words.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Good looks man, glad you worked it all out. Keep up the good work, it's coming along nicely

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Damn that sucks that your truck got vandalized after all that work. Looks like you have the repair figured out for the most part. Good luck, that thing was really coming along

jliddle

Established Member
Got my H4 conversion headlight housings in. Will probably run a HIDGUY 55w setup in either 8k or 10k. Haven't decided yet because I'm unsure how much the color is washed out due to them being 55w.
aefc9068-5ada-25cf.jpg

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
Great build up, your paint work looks great. Try and stay calm until you can get as much cash out of that asshole as you can, and he ends up in jail. Not worth beating his head in only to lose your job/end up in trouble as well.

jliddle

Established Member
Thanks man. I'm a pretty laid back person, but when it comes to this truck I'm serious as can be. Its like my child.

Karma is a bitch, and it will come back on him.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Nice! I had a 93 SR5 X-tra cab just like this, but red. Had the 3.0 V6 in it. Fun truck. I had 33x12.50x15 tires on it, 4" suspension lift, 5.29 gears, an ARB bull bar on the front, light bar in back, and rock sliders on the side. It was rust free and in great shape. Sold it before moving to Texas. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Last edited:

7.62x51

Established Member
Awesome work man, sorry your truck got vandalized. One of my trucks is a 99 Explorer 5.0 w/ 150,000 miles. I was wanting to do a complete resto project on it like you have done with yours (but with long travel suspension, fiberglass, etc). Great job cant wait to see your truck when it is finished.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
That certainly sucks.....Good news is the truck is obviously in good hands. Please post your progress.

M3xpress

Established Member
It looked like it was coming together nicely till douchebaggery occured. Hope you get everything taken care of quick.

jliddle

Established Member
Thanks guys. I got the final estimate today.

Parts + Labor = $5800. My labor alone is 71 hours for body/paint.

So Ill get paid to work on my own truck. Kind of bittersweet.

On a positive note, 4 BRAND NEW BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2's were ordered today. :thumbsup:

TermNewb

Banned
I have a feeling nothing is gonna happen to the people who did it, unless you have several witnesses or clear camera footage. That's assuming the dude doesn't come clean and admit it.

The police can't do anything ( cept maybe scare tactics ) without at least some concrete proof. My car got tore up once by some kids and the police basically said "cool story bro".

jliddle

Established Member
I ordered clear corner lights as well as clear signal lights tonight.

BFG's should be in friday. As well as the new body panels will be ordered in the morning.

Ill be sure to update when I get some more parts in :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread