Established Member
...for our children.

Attachments

• A3E0B299-2FA1-4637-A355-E94A38FC86BF.jpeg
    A3E0B299-2FA1-4637-A355-E94A38FC86BF.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 278

CO Mack

Established Member
The Ford Performance kit is fantastic, BTW. Totally complete. Install took longer than I expected but not difficult. The panel snap fasteners have come a long way.

Attachments

• 8D859882-C688-407B-8CB4-15228C2D9E0D.jpeg
    8D859882-C688-407B-8CB4-15228C2D9E0D.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 138

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Nice that they make it R-specific with the red stitching. If one were to only put a child seat back there, what would be the issue with only installing seat belt receptacles and notching the seat delete panel vs. installing the full seat? The LATCH anchors are still in place from the factory, right? Is it a question of whether the delete panel can handle any load? (Hypothetical question, just musing)

CO Mack

Established Member
Nice that they make it R-specific with the red stitching. If one were to only put a child seat back there, what would be the issue with only installing seat belt receptacles and notching the seat delete panel vs. installing the full seat? The LATCH anchors are still in place from the factory, right? Is it a question of whether the delete panel can handle any load? (Hypothetical question, just musing)

I actually have thought about this. The LATCH anchors are not there, but that’s easy to fix. The real problem is the car seat itself is made to sit on a seat.

The rear airbags are there.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The delete panel is not load rated, and it also doesn't provide a stable base for a child safety seat. It would be far to risky to even try it. The same question used to be asked about the S197 rear seat delete kit. I would've just relegated the kids to the other cars in the household.

CO Mack

Established Member
The delete panel is not load rated, and it also doesn't provide a stable base for a child safety seat. It would be far to risky to even try it. The same question used to be asked about the S197 rear seat delete kit. I would've just relegated the kids to the other cars in the household.

Not sure if you have kids or not, but my son LOVES riding in the car. Its a street car, not a race car. It’s never been meant to be my *commuter* or family car (my Focus RS is for that), but I love taking him for special trips in it. We drove across country on RT66 in my GT350 Tech and picked up the R at the end for the rest of the ride to our new home this summer. He ended up riding up front for about 1000mi because I didn’t get the rear seat in time. Trip of a lifetime.

Ironically, so far the only back seat rider has been a colleague for lunch last week though.

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Makes sense, and I figured as much but hadn't looked into it at all. I have no kids, so not an issue ... yet.

CO Mack

Established Member
If you have an R and *think* you might want a seat buy it. This is not something FP is going to have catelogued for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread