The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

jarryd2018

Established Member
no I haven't as I don't visit Corral but maybe 2-3 times per year. Link?

my 5.4 swap thread - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

I'd just start around the end of it if you want to check it out. It started out as a 5.4 stock 2v build and the next thing I knew I was putting in forged internals and ported C heads with a boss 260 intake. If I can get all the little parts together over the next couple weeks and get my wiring all figured out, I should be able to drive it before it gets too cold.

mysteed

Established Member
my 5.4 swap thread - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

I'd just start around the end of it if you want to check it out. It started out as a 5.4 stock 2v build and the next thing I knew I was putting in forged internals and ported C heads with a boss 260 intake. If I can get all the little parts together over the next couple weeks and get my wiring all figured out, I should be able to drive it before it gets too cold.
Dang man, that is a heck of an install. Kudos to you.:beer:

So...I washed the car yesterday expecting to have a few nice days of sunshine. Well it rained all morning and it looks like it's going to be raining here from Tuesday through Thursday. FML.

jarryd2018

Established Member
Dang man, that is a heck of an install. Kudos to you.:beer:

So...I washed the car yesterday expecting to have a few nice days of sunshine. Well it rained all morning and it looks like it's going to be raining here from Tuesday through Thursday. FML.

Thanks man. I wish I had someone with your fab skills to help me with this alternator bracket and idler bracket I'm going to be building when I get a chance to work on it again.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
I think I saw it the other dat at the corner of town lake and bells ferry. Driver gave me a little pipe shot. Sounded good!

Planter

Banned
at least your trade turned out good mysteed.

i traded a 93 fox and a ton of part + $12K for a sonic blue 03 cobra that had a battleship full of ****ing nightmares like yours. I dumped $7,500 into fixing it, and it still needed work. ended up wrecking it though and it went to the mustang heaven in the sky.

all the car's issues were previous owner induced (he's a member of this forum and on corral). :nonono:

glad you've been able to make some positive out of your ordeal. mine, soured my taste on 03/04 cobra's. for the time being.

we'll see how much better things get when I actually have real income and I might see about another one.

mysteed

Established Member
What's the latest with this car
No real updates. I've been using it still as my DD and it's taken all the beatings that I can throw at it. :beer:

I think I saw it the other dat at the corner of town lake and bells ferry. Driver gave me a little pipe shot. Sounded good!
Yup, that was most likely me.

WOW! What a great read, nice build. Can't wait to see more :) sub'd
This project is at a lull till funds build up more. The wife & I moved into our first house in the beginning of March so all of my accumulated mod money has gone to that.

at least your trade turned out good mysteed.

i traded a 93 fox and a ton of part + $12K for a sonic blue 03 cobra that had a battleship full of ****ing nightmares like yours. I dumped $7,500 into fixing it, and it still needed work. ended up wrecking it though and it went to the mustang heaven in the sky.

all the car's issues were previous owner induced (he's a member of this forum and on corral). :nonono:

glad you've been able to make some positive out of your ordeal. mine, soured my taste on 03/04 cobra's. for the time being.

we'll see how much better things get when I actually have real income and I might see about another one.
Ouch, sounds like you ended up on the wrong side of that trade.

what headlights are you running n8?
Blue Oval Industries smoked headlights (non-amber reflector). I really need another set as these have seen better days.

mysteed

Established Member
Ditched the stock spoiler this weekend for a Saleen S281. A big thanks go to my buddy Sean (blubyu90)who bought Aaron (SmackedinATL's) old BAB Cobra.

94439974-orig_zps8c4424db.jpg

Last edited:

mysteed

Established Member
Bought "new" wheels for the BAB today! They are 18x9/18x10 chrome 2000 Cobra R's. I got them for a heck of a deal. Here's a sneak peek till I put new tires on them.

20140101_152525_zpsxawobimb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread