The saving of a 1998 BAB Cobra

mysteed

Established Member
Anything new, Nate?
Not really, no. With work being extremely busy this time of year I've been having to drive customer cars home a lot so the Cobra has been sitting at the shop most nights.

Looks great, but needs moar lower.
I want it lower but the LT's give me enough issues as is.

Just read thought this post from the beginning.
Great job!

I need weekly updates now forever.....

SV
Thanks! I really need to get some better pics posted...

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Thanks bud! How's the Cobra treating you these days?

My Cobra has actually been SOLD!! :nonono: :whine: :bash:

Due to me having an outside sales job and driving EVERYWHERE in my Tundra and not using the Cobra... I figured I would free-up some cash on my end... My ultimate goal is to end up with a low-mileage, paid-off Comp Orange Cobra. I've always loved that color and am obsessed with them, and all of my buddies tell me to get over it haha...So we'll see how that ends up... :rollseyes

Looks good Nathan!

And I see you posting up there Robbie! Hope everything is good with you man!

Yeah man, everything is great here in NC!! As you can see, from above, I sold my '03. Ugh. :bored:
BUT I am on the hunt for another toy at the moment. :coolman:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Holy cow! Took me three nights of part time to read the entire thread. This car had a date with a crusher, and you stopped the terminal death spiral cold! The other shops that worked on this car raped the previous owner(s) bad.

Congrats on a resurrection well done sir!

mysteed

Established Member
Holy cow! Took me three nights of part time to read the entire thread. This car had a date with a crusher, and you stopped the terminal death spiral cold! The other shops that worked on this car raped the previous owner(s) bad.

Congrats on a resurrection well done sir!
Thanks man, it's been a journey for sure.

I took the car out for a short drive today and it garnered plenty of attention. I really need to drive this thing more.

mysteed

Established Member
Well yesterday I pulled the trigger and made a major purchase for the car.

20140612_174346_zpsjrhmhxhg.jpg

It's an IRS out of an 03 Cobra. The owner had all the bushings (except the carrier) replaced last year, and had the tierods replaced at the same time as well. He decided to swap the IRS out for an SRA after he launched hard on drag radials and broke the carrier. Included with the IRS are all the brake lines, emergency brake cables, ABS lines, low profile bolts, & a new gear set (3.55). So now the search is on for a new carrier housing (I have a spare diff from another 03 Cobra should the need arise).

20140612_174359_zpskrx8z7xt.jpg

925 GT

In The Driveway
Established Member
I just read through your entire thread and I have to think that you might be one of the most patient people to grace the earth. I love the direction you are taking this car and I admire the attention to detail you are giving it. Keep up the awesome work and give us some updates!

mysteed

Established Member
I just read through your entire thread and I have to think that you might be one of the most patient people to grace the earth. I love the direction you are taking this car and I admire the attention to detail you are giving it. Keep up the awesome work and give us some updates!

Thanks for the positive comments. Honestly I haven't done much with the car but drive it all summer. By the end of the year I should have some pretty decent updates when the car will stay more in the garage.

925 GT

In The Driveway
Established Member
Thanks for the positive comments. Honestly I haven't done much with the car but drive it all summer. By the end of the year I should have some pretty decent updates when the car will stay more in the garage.

I think this is the best update so far, you finally get to enjoy it! I'm looking forward to the IRS install, that definitely something I'd like to do one day.

mysteed

Established Member
Wow I haven't updated this thread in a while. I've been preoccupied with another Cobra build as of late but now we're on the end of that project, the BAB is up for some much needed TLC.

A few weeks ago we went and picked up another IRS out of an 01 Cobra for CHEAP. I'll be using the complete center pumpkin from this new IRS in my old IRS that I've had laying around the shop for waaaaayyyy too long.

Old IRS with the center pumpkin removed:
20150221_125319_zpsptugexdy.jpg

New IRS waiting to be taken apart:
20150208_161533_zpsfhsjfzyi.jpg

mysteed

Established Member
New wheels arrived in the mail last night. I wasn't planning on switching wheels but for the price I couldn't say no. Still waiting on the front's to go on sale.

18x10 10th anniversary replica wheels
20150226_200102_zpsdpvib0zj.jpg

Stang Lover

Established Member
New wheels arrived in the mail last night. I wasn't planning on switching wheels but for the price I couldn't say no. Still waiting on the front's to go on sale.

18x10 10th anniversary replica wheels
20150226_200102_zpsdpvib0zj.jpg

Great choice! You'll love them I recently bought some as well.

Users who are viewing this thread