The smile does get bigger...

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I would like video with what the supercharger sounds like now....amazing power with very simple cheap bolt ons! and I agree go 3.73 so you dont lose too much on the highway and long trips

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I thought these oem intakes were basically equivalent to the aftermarket units, no? Why not just a tune and save several hundred?

jonesd

Established Member
Launch control affected by the tune in any way?

Im interested in knowing this too. My guess would be yes, since the tune opens the throttle body more, im sure it has a harder time keeping the wheels planted.

My guess is, once you have an aftermarket tune, you must get tires to hold the power and the launch control becomes more of a built in 2 step.

Hopefully Evo can really clarify on this.

speednutz

Established Member
I feel like the pig in those retarded commercials now.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

55920997.jpg

Sooooo long warranty................ ?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
warranty depends on dealer. Mine is pretty cool. Plus all the stock parts are being kept and it's a very easy swap back to stock.

I KNOW they can see computer flashes but if the car appears stock you're usually ok.

I kept it stock for 700 miles! That's longer than any car or bike i've ever had. You do remember my 03 had twin turbos, then KB, then Hellion single, auto solid cage return, then whipple, then whipple and nitrous. This is kiddie mods here.

I bought the programmer for my 03 and never used it. So basically i have $340 bucks plus $200 tune in the car. I probably won't even do a pulley.

I haven't tested the launch control. Track trip got ruined by rain again. I'm going to test it out this weekend. I'll try to make a video tonight of the blower whine.. "TRY" to make one.
It's very similar to an 03 with a pulley swap. Sounds awesome. I know Evolution has a dyno vid up with intake on and you can hear blower

speednutz

Established Member
warranty depends on dealer. Mine is pretty cool. Plus all the stock parts are being kept and it's a very easy swap back to stock.

I KNOW they can see computer flashes but if the car appears stock you're usually ok.

Nothing wrong with Modding, more power to ya !

The words "Depends" and "usually" are what scare me into not doing anything to it except cosmetic stuff until the warranty is off.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I'd love to make by blower louder. Adding 60-70 horses wouldn't be bad either.

you need to worry about not killing your transmission anymore before you add more HP :poke:

hey Mineral, you also changed the idler pulley right? what did that do or add?

oh and guys wondering about the LC, Evolution did not use it, they said they launched the car with everything off

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
It's the blower idler just like the one on 03 cobras. It provides more belt wrap

Yes I'm going to do the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread