The SR-71 Has Landed

Penemyone

Established Member
3845 lbs. of understated, pavement matching coolness arrived 8/10. VERY different than what I've driven, so I'm learning how to drive "smoothly". Thanks to everyone on the site and their input/questions on all topics concerning this vehicle. It helped make the process easier and understandable. :rolling:

SDC10070.gif

SDC10069.gif

SDC10072.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
13 GT500 (SR-71)
10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
The SR-71 was black and called the blackbird. You should call it the YF-12 which was a variation that NASA tested and was silver with black trim.

Njtony

Established Member
Looks awesome without the stripes. More serious less look at me. Most of the stripe delete cars look boring but this color works.

Penemyone

Established Member
The PP Wheels look better on that color than any other color, by far!!!

I was kind of scared they wouldn't match up because I couldn't find any up close pics of one, but it turned out okay.

The SR-71 was black and called the blackbird. You should call it the YF-12 which was a variation that NASA tested and was silver with black trim.

Didn't base it on color, just function and speed like in the sig below. Was at the DB for 3 years but I was able to go home everyday @ 1630 ;-)

Congrats!! Did you really drive it home with the plastic still on the seats? :)

I really did lol. It was only about 6 miles from the house, so it was a very fast trip! Lovvvve the glass roof!

Looks awesome without the stripes. More serious less look at me. Most of the stripe delete cars look boring but this color works.

I was looking for low key and understated. It does match most of the roads around here. Hopefully it will cut down on tickets.

13 GT500 (SR-71)
10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)

Last edited:

Penemyone

Established Member
So what's a SR-71 package? Not to be dumb I jut have no idea.

It's not a package, but the fastest production jet ever put into service. It was used for surveillance and could actually outrun missiles fired at it.

13 GT500 (SR-71)
10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)

Warloc

Established Member
It's certainly not a 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger Z-64 Turbo 5-speed. Wasn't too many of us that owned one of those :rockon:Actually forgot I had one back then until I noticed your pic.

Users who are viewing this thread