The T.V. Show How its Made

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Anyone else enjoy watching How it's Made? Seems like I start watching, and I can't stop. Then they end up showing eight episodes in a row and I watch every single one. It's crazy to see how much work goes into making things that seem pretty straightforward.

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
I have my dvr set to record every episode, now just need to find some tv time...

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I actually hate that show and I don't know why because I love every other TLC/Discovery/Travel Channel show. I just can't stand that one i'm not sure why.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
That show is like a drug. Once you've started watching, you just can't stop. When they have those 6 hour marathons, i'm screwed for the day.

Of course i've always wanted to know how all those hand crafted plaster figurines of children playing on the porch were made. why the #$%@ wouldn't I want to?!

Yet still...i can't turn away.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
This show originated here in Montreal.
I have seen 2 of my customers shops in the show.
One is a manufacturer of kyaks and the other is a manufacturer of high speed cutting tools.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I love that show. You wouldn't think most of the subjects were worth a second glance, and you start watching it and you're hooked.

Another one I like is "World's Toughest Fixes," on National Geographic.

"Modern Marvels" has some great stuff, too.

I'm at the point that I have to miss a lot of stuff I would like to see, otherwise all I'd be doing is watching TV.

Jim Snover

Anyone else enjoy watching How it's Made? Seems like I start watching, and I can't stop. Then they end up showing eight episodes in a row and I watch every single one. It's crazy to see how much work goes into making things that seem pretty straightforward.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
That show is like crack, you just cant stop watching. I saw the one about how they made tension springs the other day and i was amazed because i hadnt ever thought about what went into making them

jeffro1265

Rice Eater
Established Member
my lady friend always makes fun of me for watching educational shows like that. modern marvels, how its made, how stuff works, you get the idea.

jfsram

Established Member
I look deep into the guide and record the episodes they are making things intersting to me. I don't really care for the handcrafted stuff. Since I work with high speed machinery. I enjoy mass produced productions that show the machinery.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
Anyone see the Automobile redux episode?! Now that was sweet...covers pistons, engines, transmissions, and car tires.

Totally FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread