The Terminator days are over

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
What model Monte Carlo was in the OP? The Intimidator. What model is your Mustang? Cobra! Not The Terminator. That is all Phophizzat is saying. Holy shit why is that so hard to understand?

When you're talking with your insurance agent do you refer to your Cobra as the Terminator? **** no because he has no clue wtf you're talking about because it's a Cobra! With a nick name of The Terminator. Can't believe this has gone on for so long.:lol1:

Y E S. That is what I have been going along with the entire time. FFS.

I was having a problem with the blanket statement he said below.
Where the 03/04 cobra is not called a terminator.

That statement just made it sound like Terminator had nothing to do with the 03/04 Cobras. I was clarifying his blanket statement. To an uninformed person that would make them think 03/04 Cobras are not referred to as Terminators at all. He knew what he was doing with that blanket statement.

I have already stated a Cobra Terminator was N O T a trim level.

I have said this before and I will say this again, I could not possibly car any less a Cobra Terminator wasn't a trim level. All 03/04 Cobras were and are Terminators.

That is now the third time I've said that in this thread. Ford gave it the name Terminator. It is documented on paper on the Cobras, referred to in a book, said by the people at Ford (John Coletti) at PR events... No, it is not in a trim level as a Terminator but the 03/04 Cobras are still called Terminators.

Who cares what Ford named it anyways?

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Im with Pho.

While the codename of the 03/04 Cobra was the "Terminator" the car is not called the "Cobra Terminator".

That Monte Carlo is actually called the Monte Carlo SS Intimidator (or Intimidator SS). It was actually marketed by GM this way, and it has a separate set of badges and trim level alterations above the standard MC SS.

We only refer to the 03/04 Cobra as the "Terminator" because we happened to find out that Ford used that in the manufacturing process to hide many aspects of vehicle design from the competitors or prying eyes. It is not a seperate trim level, its not an additional offering to the standard Cobra trim level. Its just a nickname.

and lol @ the terminator being a "B" car. That must be why its still the mustang featured in the majority of street racing videos when it comes to mustang vs xxx car. Sorry while I shit all over this logic. And no, the 5.0 didnt kill the Terminator, the Terminator heritage (which evolved from the Lightning imo) evolved into the GT500 and is still kicking, and will continue to evolve in Fords next upper-tier performance mustang trim level.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Im with Pho.

While the codename of the 03/04 Cobra was the "Terminator" the car is not called the "Cobra Terminator".

That Monte Carlo is actually called the Monte Carlo SS Intimidator (or Intimidator SS). It was actually marketed by GM this way, and it has a separate set of badges and trim level alterations above the standard MC SS.

We only refer to the 03/04 Cobra as the "Terminator" because we happened to find out that Ford used that in the manufacturing process to hide many aspects of vehicle design from the competitors or prying eyes. It is not a seperate trim level, its not an additional offering to the standard Cobra trim level. Its just a nickname.

and lol @ the terminator being a "B" car. That must be why its still the mustang featured in the majority of street racing videos when it comes to mustang vs xxx car. Sorry while I shit all over this logic. And no, the 5.0 didnt kill the Terminator, the Terminator heritage (which evolved from the Lightning imo) evolved into the GT500 and is still kicking, and will continue to evolve in Fords next upper-tier performance mustang trim level.

Who was saying Cobra Terminator was a trim level?

Users who are viewing this thread