The two Icons side by side

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
The 2004 Mystichrome met her sister today...The 2013 GT500...
0045.jpg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You should get us some 'together' pictures that show us the size differences. I've heard for quite sometime the S197s are a lot bigger than New Edge cars, and now that I have one of each, I've wanted to get some pictures together, but just haven't gotten to it yet.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Ahh so you kept the Myst Cobra...Or were there another talking about selling the 04 and getting a 13....Hmmmm...Nevermind I am rambling...

Very nice setup though :) Will be nice to see the pics of them side by side...But now....who get the most wheel time...

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Ahh so you kept the Myst Cobra...Or were there another talking about selling the 04 and getting a 13....Hmmmm...Nevermind I am rambling...

Very nice setup though :) Will be nice to see the pics of them side by side...But now....who get the most wheel time...

Yes I kept the '04...just couldn't bring myself to let the ol' girl go. Went all the way to Michigan from Maryland to get her in '08 with 8k miles on the clock, now she has almost 38k and still nearly virgin...just Bassani X pipe w/cats...Borla Stingers and CAI...and have all stock parts stored.

I went to Massachusetts to get the '13, 22 hrs. straight up and back. The clowns around here are asking $8-$15 over sticker...one offered their order for $5k deposit and $3k over sticker...no thank-you.

This is my second '04, the first was a Competition Orange straight out the showroom...$9k under MSRP, paid $29k Best Deal I ever made. She was hit by a stolen car in '05 with 15k miles on her, totaled, but she was sold to a body shop owner who completely set her back straight. He did amazing work! So in the end, she was saved.

I have bought other cars/trucks since, new and used. When I got into the '13 it gave me the same exact feeling as when I got the '04...the performance, handling and feel were waaay out there, and above the '04 of course, but that "feeling" was there. Since I've been driving '04's for some 8 years now I know all of it's limitations and characteristics so, I'm learning the '13's. Comparing the two, one thing I'm not getting use to quickly is the sense that in the '04 you are sitting in the car, and the '13 you are on top of it? Does that even make sense? I'm sure like learning the Nav, it will pass...

The Harley gets the workload, the '04, then the '13...that's probably the order in "wheel time".:burnout:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
Awesome work on his part but MY LORD that engine bay looks like Carrot Top had a nightmare in there.

I plan on doing a nice shoot with my '03 and our Shelby once we finish and button up the work we're doing to the '03. Congrats on the car :)

Users who are viewing this thread