The wait begins...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A good friend of mine is trying to get an allocation for one of these as well.

Will they deliver them as a wrapper car?

No idea what you mean by that. Ford...well Reliable Carriers...will deliver to your house/business/dealership.

C2tuck

Established Member
No idea what you mean by that. Ford...well Reliable Carriers...will deliver to your house/business/dealership.

I mean not prep it or make ready it. Leave it as a wrapper car like the 93 cobra that went thru BAT a few months ago.

Imagine what one would be worth in 10-20 years that has 4 miles in it…

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I mean not prep it or make ready it. Leave it as a wrapper car like the 93 cobra that went thru BAT a few months ago.

Correct. It won't be prepped, unless requested.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

what did it sell for?

google shows an msrp of like 20,050 back in 93. 20k for 30 years at 8% is almost a 250k and no deductions for insurance or maintenance

C2tuck

Established Member
what did it sell for?

google shows an msrp of like 20,050 back in 93. 20k for 30 years at 8% is almost a 250k and no deductions for insurance or maintenance

No, I’m saying if you had a GTD with no miles on it 10-20 years from now. My buddy will pay cash for it. Bet it would be worth at least a couple mil by then.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No, I’m saying if you had a GTD with no miles on it 10-20 years from now. My buddy will pay cash for it. Bet it would be worth at least a couple mil by then.

Correct. But what he's saying, it probably won't outpace inflation, so he would be better off investing the money elsewhere for a return.

Edit: Also, I would find it terribly hard to believe a Mustang would bring $2mil+.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So as mentioned, indeed, Reliable brings the vehicle to a location of your choice, and in wrapper condition. This location, can be your dealer, house, storage facility what ever. The dealer comes to you as well to finish out the transaction.

Got an official e-mail yesterday, confirming what I had been told, that because we were invited to the reveal back in August, we do not have to do the application.

I dont think this car will be worth $2m+ any time soon if ever.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
For those of you fortunate enough to be getting one, a question for you:

Would you still be interested in this car if instead of an 850ish hp massaged GT500 engine, you instead got a N/A bespoke version of the 5.4L used in the GT3 cars, with power more likely in the 5-600 hp range? Just curious. The car is just bonkers, but I (opinions are like....) feel a bit like they took the lazy way out in this department. Especially given how they basically reinvented every other part of the car. It feels special enough to deserve one. It would obviously not be as fast, but may check other less objective boxes.

What's another $50-100K on a $400K+ car to cover the additional costs?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Would you still be interested in this car if instead of an 850ish hp massaged GT500 engine, you instead got a N/A bespoke version of the 5.4L used in the GT3 cars, with power more likely in the 5-600 hp range? Just curious. The car is just bonkers, but I (opinions are like....) feel a bit like they took the lazy way out in this department. Especially given how they basically reinvented every other part of the car. It feels special enough to deserve one.

What's another $50-100K on a $400K+ car?

I would rather have the GT3 car...but they're $650k. lol

B7BlownSnake

Established Member

Would you still be interested in this car if instead of an 850ish hp massaged GT500 engine, you instead got a N/A bespoke version of the 5.4L used in the GT3 cars, with power more likely in the 5-600 hp range? Just curious. The car is just bonkers, but I (opinions are like....) feel a bit like they took the lazy way out in this department. Especially given how they basically reinvented every other part of the car. It feels special enough to deserve one. It would obviously not be as fast, but may check other less objective boxes.

I don't think what they did is lazy at all. It just makes business sense. This is a production car, and they will have to go through certification with the new tune/mods to this Predator, but that is far more cost effective than certifying a totally new engine and performing all reliability testing etc for a small number of cars.

They put the money into the crazy suspension and aero and transmission. Remember, this isn't just a port of the Predator (which isn't a bad motor by any stretch and is still quite high revving) but is modified with likely another 100hp and a dry sump setup.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would be perfectly happy with the GTD to be NA and loose all the weight of the SC and its plumbing. Actually feel the same way about the 05 - 06 FGT. There is a GT in the Dearborn area that has the road runner (Boss 302) engine in it. Its an amazing build.

I've seen that one! It's awesome.

blk02edge

Established Member

I would prefer that as well but then I remember this still is a street car. Bespoke race engines usually lose all the normal drive ability down low.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would prefer that as well but then I remember this still is a street car. Bespoke race engines usually lose all the normal drive ability down low.

Who wants to drive this down low though?

Also, I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking about a pulley swap already.

blk02edge

Established Member
Who wants to drive this down low though?

Also, I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking about a pulley swap already.
If I'm driving it on the street I would.. and I would not buy this purely for track as there will be better options in that dept. (Obviously)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I'm driving it on the street I would.. and I would not buy this purely for track as there will be better options in that dept. (Obviously)

Correct.

I think it'll be a great mix between street/track though.

Users who are viewing this thread