The Wait Is Finally Over (Got My Car!)

rancid

Established Member
Ordered June 14th and the car has finally arrived. I got a text from my salesman at 9am this morning and left the dealership at 2:30pm. Luckily I had a cool group of guys down at the dealer and told them not to touch it outside of putting gas in it (which they put premium in it for me.) Only options were heated seats and NAV. The dealer did not put on the chin spoiler for me and in looking at the directions tonight it says to jack the car up to do it. Is it possible to do without jacking the car up by chance?

Overall impressions are very positive, nothing weird with the car I can complain about. I did drive with the windows down and either smelled the engine, clutch, or tires and the car had 5 miles leaving the dealership. I really only smelled something when I was at a stop light or right taking off in the car. I did not take it above 3300 RPM the entire time I drove it and plan on babying it for the first 1,000 miles. I will say it is going to take some extreme dicipline because the car begs to GO. I did talk to the owner of the dealership and the GM and both assured me if the clutch goes before 2,000 miles they will take care of me if I follow break-in procedure. Only thing else to note is my brake fluid level was past the max mark so I immediately used a dropper and got that sorted out before it ruined the paint in the engine bay. Thank you to everyone that pointed it out.

As far as how it drives, my last performance car was a 2008 C6 Z06 that I briefly owned. The Z06 was stock and I while I can't say it is a fair direct comparison since it has been many years since I've owned the car, I'd say the GT500 feels just as good as the vette outside of the weight difference and sitting higher up which I prefer (sitting higher up, not the weight.) I had planned on doing full exhaust, CAI, lowering springs, and gears but honestly the stock car feels "right" so I changed my plans for now outside of the lowering springs and CAI. I am surprised how good the stock exhaust is and I scared the crap out of my 4 year old blipping the throttle :D Funny thing is my wife sat in the car and asked "where is the push start" and I laughed and said it didn't have one. The look on her face was priceless. Other funny thing is I had a 240SX with an overly loud exhaust that tried to get me to run him by constantly downshifting and gunning it then hitting his brakes on the way home from the dealership so I can already tell this color is going to attract a lot of unwanted attention.

Below are some quick iphone 5 shots. Note the car is still dirty and I didn't wash it. I ordered $150 worth of Zaino products tonight and will post some better pics in the Official Grabber Blue thread once the car is cleaned up.

Front.gif

Side.gif

Back.gif

Side2.gif

Engine.gif

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Excellent! We cant hardly wait, we both are taking time off when ours gets here and going for a long ride!

rancid

Established Member
Thanks all, great to be back in a Mustang. I enjoyed the corvette, but the Mustang community to me as a whole is much more fun. I won't lie and say I didn't think about getting another Z and doing H/C/I to it but I am glad I didn't give in.

railroad

Established Member
Great paint job. Good catch on the master cyl. I was going to recommend the same, but read your full post after enjoying the pics.

Last edited:

Mxfrench

Established Member
Hey go to my thread on the other car you ordered and give the details and I will put a phone number and contact so maybe someone who may be interested can contact MIKE. I know its got a build date same as mine of 10/8/12

Mxfrench

Established Member
I know Rancid who just got his first order car also ordered a Candy Red with black I believe, base with heated seats and thats about it. Its going to be built 10/8/12 so you may have time to change the color not sure. I helped him get a msrp deal not sure if i can do the same but willing to try. The car is ordered from Fort Payne Carl Gregory
Mike is the GM 256-845-1103 he is from Jersey. Maybe this can help someone

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
I think would be the exact set up I would get.. I LOVE the base wheels. The SVTPP wheels I feel look great also BUT ONLY when the tires are SLATHERED in shiny tire dressing.. Otherwise looks like the car drove around on a dort road for a while and makes the res of the car look dirty I think.

Your car is beautiful man. Enjoy..

Users who are viewing this thread