The Witcher

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was notified by Netflix today about this new one. I'll watch an episode over the weekend. Since moving to streaming, I've got tons of stuff available to watch. Sometimes I don't have the time to watch a new series.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
About to start Ep 3 and have no idea wtf is going on. Only thing I don’t like is we had to turn on subtitles because I can’t understand the accent all the time.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I played the Witcher 3 game when it came out and loved it. I wanted to pick up the novels but never got around to it. The series seems to pick up way before the game and obviously that makes sense. The story is early and new to me but I know all the characters. Going on game reference, Henry Cavill is spot on with Geralt of Rivia. He has the physique and even sounds like him. I'm on the 3rd episode and so far I'm pleased.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
About to start Ep 3 and have no idea wtf is going on. Only thing I don’t like is we had to turn on subtitles because I can’t understand the accent all the time.

The story telling is very nonlinear, it’s clear they are going back and forth in timelines and that’s a bit jarring. That aside I have really enjoyed it and watched 5 episodes so far. Cavill got pretty ****ing jacked, dudes put on 15-20Lbs for this role.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The story telling is very nonlinear, it’s clear they are going back and forth in timelines and that’s a bit jarring. That aside I have really enjoyed it and watched 5 episodes so far. Cavill got pretty ****ing jacked, dudes put on 15-20Lbs for this role.
Really? I thought he was bigger in MoS and BvS. Yeah once we figured out they were jumping around in time, it became interesting and less “wtf is happening next”

Would you bang the one mage chick when she had twisted spine? One dude was super pissed knowing he did and then her transformation.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Really? I thought he was bigger in MoS and BvS. Yeah once we figured out they were jumping around in time, it became interesting and less “wtf is happening next”

Would you bang the one mage chick when she had twisted spine? One dude was super pissed knowing he did and then her transformation.

she still had great tits and ass as a cripple, so my answer is yes :D. Cavill was leaner, more shredded/peeled in MoS...He’s not as lean in Witcher but has definitely put on more mass.

Klay

Established Member
Only watched the first 2 episodes so far. I only played witcher 3 but this show is based on the books. Never read them but have read about them.

I like the show so far but I can see how it would be difficult to follow the plot. Cavill does a great job as Geralt. He actually lobbied to play this role for those that didn't know. He was a huge fan of the games and read the books as well.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Excited for this and am going to start it tonight. I only played The Witcher 3 but got hooked on the story and the characters and have been looking forward to this series for a while. The Witcher 3 is probably one of the best and most polished games I have ever played.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I got to episode 4 tonight and didnt even realize it was on separate timelines until that episode lol.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

We were trying to figure out in that ending scene if Geralt made the claim to Siri in those last statements in the court during the marriage and that is what everyone was making a big deal about but him? He basically took responsibility for Siri not realizing that her mother was pregnant with her right then and there? I knew she was essentially his adopted daughter from the game but I didnt know it was because of that.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I got to episode 4 tonight and didnt even realize it was on separate timelines until that episode lol.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

We were trying to figure out in that ending scene if Geralt made the claim to Siri in those last statements in the court during the marriage and that is what everyone was making a big deal about but him? He basically took responsibility for Siri not realizing that her mother was pregnant with her right then and there? I knew she was essentially his adopted daughter from the game but I didnt know it was because of that.

Geralt explains the "Law of Surprise" in episode 6. I believe he took the Law because he believed he would never be needed in that sense, he certainly was never gonna come claim it himself. I don't think he expected Ciri to lose both parents and the city to fall a little over a decade later. At least that is how I see it. The show moves a lot of info really fast. I've planned to watch the series again. lol

Users who are viewing this thread