The Witcher

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I will say after playing Witcher 2 and now chipping away at the monstrosity that is Witcher 3, Im not a big fan of who they cast to play her. ***EDIT*** Triss Merigold

Its nothing against the actress, its just that she doesnt necessarily appear anything like the character Ive interacted with in the games. I know that the games arent canon either, but still. Who wouldnt want to see a hot redhead sorceress?

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Will get to it. Just finished Messiah. Much better than I thought.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
joidCJ9&_nc_ohc=VLvD-IHx9hoAQmXUUqyswsXG8PAyr9NLJr5Gh0yT-sNL8OPXzs9xt7RQA&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.png

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thats legit not even a joke in the Witcher 3. Current armor is some tweed cloth sack looking thing with the best armor rating ive found at 195. Meanwhile my bad ass Kaer Morhen Wolf's armor is ranked 15..... yeah.

Exactly, I picked up Witcher3 after watching this series...the bad ass looking armor is garbage, LMFAO...

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I really, really enjoyed this show. The downside is that you feel like you have to solve for pi just to put the timeline together for the first 5 episodes. Now that I have seen them all, I might go back and watch again with everything making sense.

And to earlier comments, there is no doubt the "Man of Steel" is carrying more weight for this show - lots of muscle gain. If you watch closely, you see they are very careful to only show him shirtless from mid-torso up with the exception of some fleeting side views. I suspect putting on all that muscle was not conducive to 6-pack abs . . . to say nothing of the prep the actors have to do for the "abs shoots."

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I really, really enjoyed this show. The downside is that you feel like you have to solve for pi just to put the timeline together for the first 5 episodes. Now that I have seen them all, I might go back and watch again with everything making sense.

And to earlier comments, there is no doubt the "Man of Steel" is carrying more weight for this show - lots of muscle gain. If you watch closely, you see they are very careful to only show him shirtless from mid-torso up with the exception of some fleeting side views. I suspect putting on all that muscle was not conducive to 6-pack abs . . . to say nothing of the prep the actors have to do for the "abs shoots."
I remember there either being an article or video where Henry said that when he had to do shirtless scenes, he had to dehydrate for a few day prior to look as muscly as possible.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I remember there either being an article or video where Henry said that when he had to do shirtless scenes, he had to dehydrate for a few day prior to look as muscly as possible.

Yea, getting in "movie shape" and then prepping for the shirtless scenes is a huge process for those guys.

A scene like the iconic Aquaman standing shirtless in the water takes days of prep and has to be hard on your body.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Standard body builder activity. They'll even take Diuretic tablets. For movies, makeup staff will also tone up muscle contours with highlights and shading.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Exactly, I picked up Witcher3 after watching this series...the bad ass looking armor is garbage, LMFAO...
Im still not sure if you can have an armorer upgrade it. Though, Im just about to start looking for the Wolven Witcher gear sets and stick with those. Lotta crafting though... jesus.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Thats legit not even a joke in the Witcher 3. Current armor is some tweed cloth sack looking thing with the best armor rating ive found at 195. Meanwhile my bad ass Kaer Morhen Wolf's armor is ranked 15..... yeah.

Just wait until you get up to higher levels. All of the Witcher gear sets are badass. I'm at level 53 and finished all of the main story line long ago. The only thing I never mastered and refused to learn was the stupid Gwent game they make you play on some missions. Never could figure that out.

You'll eventually meet an elf that does the master crafting of the armor so he can make you all the good stuff.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just wait until you get up to higher levels. All of the Witcher gear sets are badass. I'm at level 53 and finished all of the main story line long ago. The only thing I never mastered and refused to learn was the stupid Gwent game they make you play on some missions. Never could figure that out.

You'll eventually meet an elf that does the master crafting of the armor so he can make you all the good stuff.
I just did Hattori's missions last night. That elf is making me a special sword for free at the moment haha.

Side note: Its kinda cool to see the Witcher programmers insert some of the names of things they were fans of in the game. Hattori is a reference to Hattori Hanso from Kill Bill. The elf-tailor you meet then you even fight against for the street brawler side quests is named Durden. There are more Im sure!

Users who are viewing this thread