The year 2008 in photographs ...

OutlawDon

Established Member
Some graphic pics...

PART 1.The year 2008 in photographs (part 1 of 3) - The Big Picture - Boston.com
PART 2. 2008 in photographs (part 2 of 3) - The Big Picture - Boston.com
PART3. 2008, the year in photographs (part 3 of 3) - The Big Picture - Boston.com

A U.S. Marine, from the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit, has a close call after Taliban fighters opened fire near Garmser in Helmand Province of Afghanistan May 18, 2008. The Marine was not injured. (REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic)
05_afghanis.jpg

Imam Hashim Raza leads mourners in prayer during a funeral for Mohsin Naqvi at al-Fatima Islamic Center in Colonie, N.Y., Monday, Sept. 22, 2008. Naqvi was a Muslim, a native of Pakistan (he emigrated to the U.S. with his family when he was 8 years old and became a citizen at 16) and a U.S. Army officer. He was killed by a roadside bomb while on patrol in Afghanistan. (AP Photo/Mike Groll)
01_mohsinna.jpg

Kerby Brown rides a huge wave in an undisclosed location southwest of Western Australia July 6, 2008, in this picture released November 7, 2008 by the Oakley-Surfing Life Big Wave Awards in Sydney. Picture taken July 6. (REUTERS/Andrew Buckley).
40_17250739.jpg

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
some amazing, and disturbing pics in those links. Just makes you think how well we have it here in the U.S.A. compared to other countries on the planet.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Rapid deployment ...WTF :shrug:

8In this photo released by the official Xinhua news agency, members of China's armed police demonstrate a rapid deployment during an anti-terrorist drill held in Jinan, east China, on Wednesday July 2, 2008, roughly one month ahead of the Beijing Olympic Games. (AP Photo/Xinhua/Fan Changguo) #

08_chinprep.jpg

CLN 6R

Established Member
I so hate the media. God forbid anyone help this guy.

21_17229065.jpg

Unfortunately those guys are paid to get pictures. I can guarantee they did not enjoy doing that either but in order to get the story out someone needs to take these shots. And you may find that none of the people involved are medically trained or even first aid qualified - in which case anything they do could make the situation a hell of a lot worse!

Personally, I don't think i ever would or could do that job but I can't really hold them as subhuman either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I so hate the media. God forbid anyone help this guy.

21_17229065.jpg

Anyone know the story behind this? The guy looks to be dead. I'm trying to figure out why his pants are pulled down, and why they all seem to be taking photographs of pulled-down pants and his underwear. :??:

CLN 6R

Established Member
Anyone know the story behind this? The guy looks to be dead. I'm trying to figure out why his pants are pulled down, and why they all seem to be taking photographs of pulled-down pants and his underwear. :??:

Photographers take pictures of an injured man during clashes believed to be linked to recent anti-foreigner violence in Reiger Park informal settlement in South Africa on May 20, 2008. South African police fired rubber bullets at hundreds of shantytown residents on Tuesday in a crackdown on violence against foreigners which ended up killing over 60 people and injuring hundreds more. (REUTERS/Siphiwe Sibeko) #
:shrug:

19Mystic96

Established Member
amazing photos.. those shots are incredible!! i spent easily 30mintues looking and reading all of those links posted..

very memorable..

Users who are viewing this thread