There is No reason to Buy an F150 EV OR Ecoboost.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
With almost 13,000 miles on the 2022 F150…. I can confirm that there is ZERO reason anyone should buy an EV truck OR a TT V6 Ecoboost.

Why you ask?

The evidence on the EV is profound and obvious. Anyone buying a truck for truck things, won’t be able to accomplish those goals in any reasonable amount of time. It’s garbage. Save yourself the hassle.

As for the Ecoboost, everyone buying them I would assume is doing it for gas mileage…

I challenge you to a commute test.

Image1689793638.631056.jpg

I drive 36 miles 1 way back and forth to work. Roughly a 45min to 55min trip depending on traffic. This is a mix of roughly 40/60 city/highway traffic.

Only mods done to the truck are MBRP catback and a PMAS cold air intake. Truck also has factory 3.73 Gears.

Your Ecoboost is trash. It sounds like a weedwhacker.

Do yourself a favor… trade it for a 5.0 tonight.

You’re welcome.

tumblr_p4do4yRl5Z1v4u49oo1_1280.gif

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
lol. love the thread.

I had a 2011 Ecoboost F150 with the 3.5 and loved it. Had great power and mpg was pretty darn good.

However, that 24.9 is pretty crazy to think about. I don't think my 3.5 EB ever got that. And yes, it definitely sounded like ass. Not as bad a a non-muffled coyote, but pretty darn close.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The computer will lie.
theres a way in the dash to correct it if your hand calcs dont match.

and meh, I dont give 2 shits about a couple mpg, I like the low end of the eco with stock exhaust, especially with a tune. My old steel truck with 3.73s would get ~21 on the interstate but I threw that out the window with the level and bigger tires.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
lol. love the thread.

I had a 2011 Ecoboost F150 with the 3.5 and loved it. Had great power and mpg was pretty darn good.

However, that 24.9 is pretty crazy to think about. I don't think my 3.5 EB ever got that. And yes, it definitely sounded like ass. Not as bad a a non-muffled coyote, but pretty darn close.

I had a 2019 2.7 and it was a decent truck. But it was gay.

why-are-you-gay-meme.gif

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I been debating this with myself a lot lately. And honesty I don't see much gain either. 3.5tt does have a bit more torque, but my gas mileage is 20mpgs on mostly highway too. About the same mileage back and forth as you also. However I would much rather have a 7.3 godzilla in a new F150. Maybe I'll hold out for that day. LOL Or just go with a F250 to not do much truck things with. Ha

Blown 89

Established Member
No argument here. The EV truck barely has enough range to tow a race trailer to and from any race track in the area none the less stretching its legs out in the state. When I say barely.....there are three tracks in the city. One is a 42 minute drive from my house and I can't get there and back. The other two I would arrive home with less than 20 miles left so if I have to make any stops I'd have to recharge. These EV trucks are clearly not ready for prime time.

Users who are viewing this thread