These cars are HOT

Para81

Established Member
It really is. The GT500 is an excellent car in terms of resale value.

Look at an 08 M3 vs an 08 GT500

GT500 45k new m3 $75k new
GT500 32k now M3 $35k now

13k vs 40k in depreciation in 8 years.

13 GT500 58k new vs 13 M3 80k new
GT500 $53k now vs M3 60k now

$5k vs 20k in 3 years.

That's why I keep buying them, they're a tremendous value

Good data points.

I was just thinking about my Shelby costs. Went like this 2008 paid 47k off the showroom floor. 5 years later sold for 30k. Cost me 17k for 5 years of ownership - or $283 dollars a month! Boss LS - 11k for 3 years of ownership.

In 2005 a man in Memphis paid 109k MSRP for his loaded new Porsche 911 Carrera S. He put only 10,038 miles on it and 4 years later I gave him 51k for it!

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More like 30k+ if you want good shape - cars priced at 47k in 2007 selling for 30k in 2015 is excellent resale value.

I agree. But if you remember, the the first 2007s were bringing ridiculous money. I saw the highest in Kansas City sell for $25k ADM. I imagine they were brining $35-40k ADM on the coasts.

But yes, comparing to MSRP, it is a hell of a deal.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
03 Cobra 34k MSRP(had ADMs at first and rebates later). Routinely sells for 20k

I bought one in 06 for 25,500 with 2,800miles. Refused to pay an ADM on the Shelby so bought it instead. Sold in 14 with ~70k miles lost very little on that car.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
I agree. But if you remember, the the first 2007s were bringing ridiculous money. I saw the highest in Kansas City sell for $25k ADM. I imagine they were brining $35-40k ADM on the coasts.

But yes, comparing to MSRP, it is a hell of a deal.

I do remember that - still happy my local dealer agreed to knock off the small 5k ADM on their showroom car. I will say same dealer is asking 20k over for the new Shelby - I had to go out of state again.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03 Cobra 34k MSRP(had ADMs at first and rebates later). Routinely sells for 20k

I bought one in 06 for 25,500 with 2,800miles. Refused to pay an ADM on the Shelby so bought it instead. Sold in 14 with ~70k miles lost very little on that car.

Full msrp in oct 02 on the 03 svt was 35.5k no option dsg mustang after shipping costs. My dealer added a 7.5k markup to them. My small town dealer could not order them because of the damn svt dealer program. I instead purchased a Mach 1 for a little over invoice all the while my svt dealer charged added mark up on the mach 1 too.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
More like 30k+ if you want good shape - cars priced at 47k in 2007 selling for 30k in 2015 is excellent resale value.

This. At least where I am anyways. $30k is the norm and I got mine for $32k with just over 30k miles. I've seen a few other good examples at $36k with much lower miles.

All the prior gen RSs seem to be holding their value also, 7 years later. I looked at some Euro listings for them and most were $29-30k.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This. At least where I am anyways. $30k is the norm and I got mine for $32k with just over 30k miles. I've seen a few other good examples at $36k with much lower miles.

All the prior gen RSs seem to be holding their value also, 7 years later. I looked at some Euro listings for them and most were $29-30k.
I sold my 2008 with 4912 miles in 2012 for $36k. It was still on MSO with factory warranty.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Welcome to the world of supply and demand. Supply is low and demand (because of the positive press) is high. Not many can stroke a check for 60K and many who can't still will. Paying over sticker is lost money and I'm sure many justify the purchase because if makes them "special". My first 03 Cobra had issues and I will not take a first year car ever again. My second one was fine and I still own it.

Yes I want one of these but have the patience to wait for what I want. (Red metallic, track and convenience packages together). If those options materialize Ford will get my money and I'll be happy to pay no more than sticker. No one will take into account that you paid over sticker 10 years from now (rare color combo's and 15's excluded). Happy hunting, remember, your best negotiating position is showing someone your backside as you walk out the door.

bdub85

Established Member
You shouldn't.

wahhhh some people can afford to piss away 4k just to have a car quicker.

After calling a shit ton of dealers, I found most to be 7500+ ADM. It's rare to find a MSRP deal right now. I suspect by spring they will be easier to find.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
wahhhh some people can afford to piss away 4k just to have a car quicker.

After calling a shit ton of dealers, I found most to be 7500+ ADM. It's rare to find a MSRP deal right now. I suspect by spring they will be easier to find.
Maybe. It's rumored that MY 17 will be a shortened build.

BlownAway03

Established Member
He should feel much better at getting a car 6k off msrp that no one wants in the first place. After all the camaro v8 will run with it.

I don't know why you have such an issue with me getting my C7 under sticker. Also at that time many dealers were still getting $5-10k adm for C7's. I just wasn't crazy enough to do it. It's much more of a bang for the buck than any Mustang will ever be. We all know they make a ton of Corvettes every year. That's why deals are out there. This Shelby isn't special for its performance. The supply is just low right now. Don't kid yourself. The Stingray and Z06 are the best values to be had. Like it or not. And I think you're confused about the new Camaro. It's the Shelby that it can beat, not the Corvette. All the more reason not to pay adm. And just when I thought you and I could be cordial.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know why you have such an issue with me getting my C7 under sticker. Also at that time many dealers were still getting $5-10k adm for C7's. I just wasn't crazy enough to do it. It's much more of a bang for the buck than any Mustang will ever be. We all know they make a ton of Corvettes every year. That's why deals are out there. This Shelby isn't special for its performance. The supply is just low right now. Don't kid yourself. The Stingray and Z06 are the best values to be had. Like it or not. And I think you're confused about the new Camaro. It's the Shelby that it can beat, not the Corvette. All the more reason not to pay adm. And just when I thought you and I could be cordial.
If love to see comparable times of a C7 and GT350 around a track.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
No dog in the hunt here - but the C7 is a hell of a car and the Z06 is an absolute monster! Props to GM for a great car. I have yet to drive either but I want a shot in the Z06

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No dog in the hunt here - but the C7 is a hell of a car and the Z06 is an absolute monster! Props to GM for a great car. I have yet to drive either but I want a shot in the Z06
I would agree with that. They just don't have the demand as the specialty Mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread