They should have made 03 Cobra's in True Blue

Rare40th

Established Member
I think the 18" 03 replica's are the best wheels for these cars :) I always loved Cobra R's on mustangs growing up so I wanted to do something in an 18" that wasn't too heavy in that style. These were a close match and gave it the look I wanted. Might do some concave wheels with no lip at some point though.

Hmm I guess you have a pretty good point, been staring at the pics this morning and it is just attractive. I would say keep em despite what I said before but that's my opinion. Whatever makes YOU happy OP :beer:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I've never seen true blue in person but it looks very meeeeeeeean. In some shots the paint looks like 'tinted' mystichrome.

BTW does the whistle of the vortec bother you at all? I'm thinking of getting one for my Boss

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
But seriously whats up with the 5.0 badge? Its a 4.6??

The car isn't the fastest thing but it's just a cool build IMO. The factory iron block was ditched for an aluminum block (saved 100lbs) that was stroked out to 5 liter's (as opposed to the 4.6 you're referring to :) ) and fitted with pistons, rods, crank, ARP everything, racing oil pump etc that would support 1200 hp.

The heads are trick flows new design where they flip the intake and exhaust valve locations for a straighter airflow path and bigger ports. The cams are Tim Barth from modular powerhouses super secret custom grind :)

The fuel system is completely new front to back to support American E85 corn :)

The mustang certainly isn't the best platform to make fast, I just wanted something that was unique from a variety of aspects and I have always loved the interior (since 94) and especially the exterior of the SN95NE's.

I do get some people who think the badges are just for show though and that the car is just your typical 400ish rwhp 2v with a blower :) I call that the jackpot :)

BULLITT - 566

Established Member
What a great detailing job, nicely done ! True Blue just looks so right on these cars.
Nice clean garage you have, just curious as to which product you used on your garage floor? It looks great. :beer:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Car looks great! wish ford would of made the 03-04 cobras in that. I had a true blue gt yrs ago and pics dont do the paint justice imo.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
What a great detailing job, nicely done ! True Blue just looks so right on these cars.
Nice clean garage you have, just curious as to which product you used on your garage floor? It looks great. :beer:

Thanks, I had a company do it. They laid down a beige base coat (Sherwin williams makes a kit) then put 80lbs of flake on top and finally sealed it with a polyurethane top coating.

Looks awesome! What are you expecting for power?

Not sure. I don't think it will clear 700 with the stock intake but should be close. An intake would pick up a lot of power, still looking into what I want to do with that.

ZIMxxZUM

M0NST3RZoftheM1DW4Y
Established Member
The car isn't the fastest thing but it's just a cool build IMO. The factory iron block was ditched for an aluminum block (saved 100lbs) that was stroked out to 5 liter's (as opposed to the 4.6 you're referring to :) ) and fitted with pistons, rods, crank, ARP everything, racing oil pump etc that would support 1200 hp.

The heads are trick flows new design where they flip the intake and exhaust valve locations for a straighter airflow path and bigger ports. The cams are Tim Barth from modular powerhouses super secret custom grind :)

The fuel system is completely new front to back to support American E85 corn :)

The mustang certainly isn't the best platform to make fast, I just wanted something that was unique from a variety of aspects and I have always loved the interior (since 94) and especially the exterior of the SN95NE's.

I do get some people who think the badges are just for show though and that the car is just your typical 400ish rwhp 2v with a blower :) I call that the jackpot :)

I see! Good to know

Users who are viewing this thread