They're already under $25k used

drewzx3

Established Member
I got my base gt new for 26200 only option was an auto. That is with the incentives and $750 coupon. I bet they stuck it to whoever traded that car if there asking 24900.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I got my base gt new for 26200 only option was an auto. That is with the incentives and $750 coupon. I bet they stuck it to whoever traded that car if there asking 24900.

Right. That car probably wasn't much more than what you paid based on what looks to be it's option package.

Dealers will try to make about 5000 on a trade or so, so I'm sure whoever traded it got hosed pretty badly on resale.

Good car for somebody looking to get in on a 5.0 for cheap!

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Right. That car probably wasn't much more than what you paid based on what looks to be it's option package.

Dealers will try to make about 5000 on a trade or so, so I'm sure whoever traded it got hosed pretty badly on resale.

Good car for somebody looking to get in on a 5.0 for cheap!

You may as well get that notion out of your head..... 2500-3000 would be a good avg on anything under $40k. this isnt the car maket it was in the 90s. this you can take to heart, being as i'm in the car bussiness

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You may as well get that notion out of your head..... 2500-3000 would be a good avg on anything under $40k. this isnt the car maket it was in the 90s. this you can take to heart, being as i'm in the car bussiness

Please note that I never said that's what they would actually get for the car. Especially on used cars, you pretty much know the game. Dealers price high knowing that somebody is going to beat them down several thousand.

Heck the dealer I purchased my '11 from wanted just under 25,000 for the 2008 GT I traded. They won't get that obviously, but that's the game that many dealers play.

Grant808

Established Member

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yea thats a base car too, once you get one used with all the trimmings it sure as hell wont be going for 25K.... im betting 28-30K used right now

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
yeah its been up for awhile. that dealer has had some good pricing, realistic for being in California pricing on his used cars. too bad its not grabber

metaman

Established Member
I am holding out for when some are for sale with 20-30k miles or so on them. By that time there will be enough of them around that they will be had for a good price for sure. Preferably one that someone has already thrown a couple thousand at for exhaust and other bolt ons. Work smarter, not harder.

JL-KA

Established Member
I am holding out for when some are for sale with 20-30k miles or so on them. By that time there will be enough of them around that they will be had for a good price for sure. Preferably one that someone has already thrown a couple thousand at for exhaust and other bolt ons. Work smarter, not harder.

I'm thinking the same thing. As soon as they get under $20k I'll start looking. I prefer to start fresh though as far as mods go.

Users who are viewing this thread