Things Others May Not Know Our Car Does!

galaxy

Established Member
Someone did this on another forum I'm on and thought it was pretty cool. Actually learned some neat stuff from it. So, here goes....

- With my phone connected to the car, if I use Siri, it will turn the fan down to reduce the volume/background noise. Once I'm done speaking, it turned the fan back up

- If you're using full auto on the climate control, you can manually make a vent selection and it'll stay on your manual selection, but the fan will continue to operate in auto based on the temperature selection. My personal favorite because I don't like what it selects for vents when in full auto!

- I assume everyone has found the secret compartment in the dash to the left of the steering wheel?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Heck, it took me months before I realized there's an exterior trunk release!

ANGREY

Established Member
I just recently decided that the only place the manual/physical key works is the glove box lock.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, there's a button in the upper portion of the license plate area. I found it by accident one day while wiping the car down. Popped the trunk, and I was like "whaaaaat??" LOL

galaxy

Established Member
Yeah, there's a button in the upper portion of the license plate area. I found it by accident one day while wiping the car down. Popped the trunk, and I was like "whaaaaat??" LOL
NICE...now I can't wait to get home and play!

Guess you guys saw the secret compartment in the top of the glove box?

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hate to be the nerd here...but I went through every bit of this car before I even took it out on a nice ride when I got it home from the dealer. The Sun-glass holder is where I keep my key. That's the slide out to the left of the steering wheel. I found the Glove box shelf when I found my books...and I figured that the trunk would have that button since my 13 escape has one.

The auto air I found because I was playing with the settings considering my 11 Shelby did not have that option....I was like hmmm...this does a lot !

Whish we had my colour though :( Also why no HD Radio ?????

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Jesus guys, LMAO!... I read the whole owners manual within 2 hours of the purchase.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Jesus guys, LMAO!... I read the whole owners manual within 2 hours of the purchase.

Too excited to drive it than to sit down and read the manual!! LOL The only thing I've looked up in the manual is the torque specs for the wheels.

Osiris

Established Member
No HD radio? Really? I could have sworn I saw that logo the other day...

The manual key also works on the door. There is a plastic cap on the door handle, right side...That conceals where you use the key if the batteries fail.

If it does you remove the bottom part of the cup holder to expose where to put the key to start the car....

The more you know!
lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
...That conceals where you use the key if the batteries fail.

If it does you remove the bottom part of the cup holder to expose where to put the key to start the car....

That's a good thing to know.

galaxy

Established Member
I think that may be two different keys. The stand alone key for the glove box is only for the glove box, or so I thought I read it that way. There’s a physical key inside the key fob, and I thought that one was for the door and the cup holder feature.

Users who are viewing this thread