Think I Blew my clutch today

jadon087

Established Member
Well guys looks like ive got a blown stock clutch in my 03 torch red vert wiith 28k miles. Clutch will not engage in any gear when i push the clutch pedal in you can here it just spinning and not engaging. So i decided to heck with it might as well do it right so after much research i decided to order this setup. Please let me know if i have forgotten anything that i may need to order or reccomend changes.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
So you can put the car in gear but the clutch is not putting power to the wheels - right? You can quickly inspect the drive line - just to make sure you didn't bust the transmission or one of the half shafts (although I'd imagine there would be some awful noise if you did). Has it been slipping lately?

Do you have an aftermarket clutch cable adjustment?

jadon087

Established Member
So you can put the car in gear but the clutch is not putting power to the wheels - right? You can quickly inspect the drive line - just to make sure you didn't bust the transmission or one of the half shafts (although I'd imagine there would be some awful noise if you did). Has it been slipping lately?

Do you have an aftermarket clutch cable adjustment?

The clutch started slipping a bit about a week ago. The half shafts look good and tanny isnt making any noises at all. The thing is i can put the car in any gear and let go of the clutch and the car wont turn off it just stays running like its in neutral.

Zemedici

Established Member
Sounds like clutch isn't disengaging. Tob issue maybe, only way to know is get it up in the air and check it out. What power are you making?

jadon087

Established Member
Sounds like clutch isn't disengaging. Tob issue maybe, only way to know is get it up in the air and check it out. What power are you making?

im nbot sure havent been able to dyno it yet. i bought the car a month ago and the dealership said probably 490hp i know it has upper and lower pulley swaps on stock eaton. I'm not sure of pulley size. CAI and magnaflow x piper and catback.

Zemedici

Established Member
im nbot sure havent been able to dyno it yet. i bought the car a month ago and the dealership said probably 490hp i know it has upper and lower pulley swaps on stock eaton. I'm not sure of pulley size. CAI and magnaflow x piper and catback.

Unported eaton should be 450 or so pullied up, maybe 465-470 with lower. Factory clutch should hold up to that alright. Hmm...I'd get it dyno'd and have the tune checked out just to make sure your AFR is ok at WOT

jadon087

Established Member
Unported eaton should be 450 or so pullied up, maybe 465-470 with lower. Factory clutch should hold up to that alright. Hmm...I'd get it dyno'd and have the tune checked out just to make sure your AFR is ok at WOT

I'm def going to have it dyno'd here soon as i get her back on the road. IF you could look at the new clutch setup i listed in my first post and if you have any reccomendatons please lmk.

White Elephant

Established Member
Sounds like it's time to upgrade the clutch. Look at this as an opportunity instead of a setback. I've only heard good things about McLeod RXT clutch sets, & they hold a lot of power for your future mods.

jadon087

Established Member
Is it a picture? I can't see it. Lemme try my computer

yes it a screenshot of my order i placed with lethal performance.

Mcleod rxt 26 spline 11' inch street twin disc
Ram billet steel flywheels
tremac 26 spline input shaft
shims
Lethal performance TBR sleeve
FRPP TOB

ill probably order a new shifter also MGW on monday

Users who are viewing this thread