Think twice before double parking.....

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
This reminds me of the time two idiots "double parked" at the very front of the lot where I used to work. it was about a 1/4 mile walk into the building and I was pissed. seems one guy parked over the side and then the second guy got there and decided to take up the other side. there was about a half a parking space between the assholes.

what they didn't count on was me coming up in my 79 VW dasher station wagon that was all beat to hell and back. by the time I got shoehorned into the space I had to crawl over the back seats and exit the tail gate, there wasn't but a couple of inches between my door and theirs on either side. one guy was backed in and the other was head in so I blocked both their drivers doors LOL! I made sure I worked late that day too.

:lol1:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I'll admit ive done some shit like the letter states, on purpose.. But never in a parking lot.. I get a bit miffed when someone parks TOUCHING MY BUMPER or blocks me in parrallel..

I've had at least 4 or 5 incidents this last year alone sucks for them 3 or 4 of them were in my grand cherokee. People must not like there headlights on there low cars too much, after all, its a stick and I roll back.

One was in my scion in a busy city and I physically moved this bitch's SLK230 out of my way with a couple people walking around me. She parralleled and left the wheels cocked showing she didn't bother correcting it. Sucks for her.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i never take up two spots---great way to draw the worst kind of attention to your car. i always park on an 'outside' spot, so that cars can only park on one side of me. if i can, i'll park on the right hand side, that way the person who pulls in forward next to me will be opening their door away from my car (unless they have a passenger).

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I hate door dings with a passion, and having the sn95 body style, the rear panels bubble out for the curvy look, I have a bunch of impressions but not to many dings. People also think I'm crazy for parking close to the curb, or very far away.

SVTContique

I almost always double park. But i park so far away that almost no one is near my car anyways.

Most people dont mind because i think they understand because my paint is so cool.

er22bball0302

Established Member
I always park way out.. Last time i parked by my apartment i got keyed bout 2 feet long. Next day get the scrath fixed, double parked about 8yrds from my apartment. Me and a buddy just hung out on my porch most of the night shotgun and arms reach away. Some drunk girls roll up, get out and the driver points out to her passenger where my scratch was. I walked over gun in hand. Said " Nice car huh?" "Some dumbass keyed it last night, I'd sure like to get a hold of em" Lol no problem after that.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
i usually take up 3 to 4 places when i park but i park as far out as i can i try to keep the stupid ****ers as far away from my shit as possible

portcity_gt

Established Member
most of the time i have to take up four spots two side by side and two front and rear.....but it's because my truck dosnt fit in most spots.

traceyscam254.jpg

Picture017.jpg

The_Wretched

Established Member
Private property = no tickets. If someone hits your car in the parking lot they have to pay for your damage, but no ticket

^^ this is very true. i used that argument and got the cop to get off of my ass. i parked double at my local mini mall while i went to pick up a chick i was dating at the time. i noticed from inside the store that he was writing a ticket. "don't think about it, you can't write me a ticket in private property. I'm not in a handicapped space.... buh-bye."

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
^^ this is very true. i used that argument and got the cop to get off of my ass. i parked double at my local mini mall while i went to pick up a chick i was dating at the time. i noticed from inside the store that he was writing a ticket. "don't think about it, you can't write me a ticket in private property. I'm not in a handicapped space.... buh-bye."

So you can actually talk a LEO out of a ticket? Amazing. Give me some pointers, will ya?

6spd

Established Member
i understand why some people would double park.....you dont want to dents...it makes sense but i NEVER do it because it can be such a baddd backfire.

The_Wretched

Established Member
So you can actually talk a LEO out of a ticket? Amazing. Give me some pointers, will ya?

if he has the right to... go ahead. i won't argue. if he or she doesn't... then the smartass in me comes out.

a cop once came up to me and gave me S**t for "loittering". I was out side standing by my car smoking. i was waiting for my buddy while he made a deposit inside the bank. he looked at me and said this spot is for customers only, move my car or he'll have it towed. i said... i am a customer. i also work here. you want to ask my manager if he says it's ok for you to write me a ticket??

one more thing... he was smoking in his uniform. i told him... what you are doing is against policy. so let's not go there.

Users who are viewing this thread