Thinking about buying a new PS3 slim...

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I've been an Xbox360 player since the day 360 originally came out but I'm in need of a new system. I know the debate between Xbox360 and PS3 has a long and nasty history on this forum but I'm in need of a new console and have been considering making the switch. I stand by my previous statements that the Xbox DOES have a better selection of games including a superior selection of exclusive games (Mass Effect, Halo, Gears of War, Fable, etc.). However, I'm not about to go buy a unit that has a roughly 50/50 chance of crapping out on me (I think it's at about 54% failure rate right now). Both systems have their plusses and minuses. In addition, the next few months of game releases looks like they could be a game changer (figuratively). There's a lot of good stuff coming out for both systems. Not to mention the new Slim is pretty cheap for what you get. Getting rid of backwards compatibility was simply idiotic but I suppose you can't win them all. I'm still debating it so I was wondering what you guys think. Try not to kill eachother.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
dude, with the prices now being equal, there isn't even a debate anymore, imo. i've played them both, and it's no contest.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
do what most of us have done and buy both. they are both good systems. very strong debates...i just like to give xbox owners a hard time...they make it so easy.

i think the xbox strongest quality is online gaming and maybe a few xbox only titles.

sony is more reliable, people will compliment your HES when they see it. great for home entertainment. i have all my family photos and home movies on it that play slide shows. my phone connects to it VIA bluetooth or USB and i transer photos and music daily.

making fun of xbox owners is like making fun of a room of kids with down syndrome and anger management issues.

Last edited:

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
do what most of us have done and bye both. they are both good systems. very strong debates...i just like to give xbox owners a hard time...they make it so easy.

i think the xbox strongest quality is online gaming and maybe a few xbox only titles.

sony is more reliable, people will compliment your HES when they see it. great for home entertainment. i have all my family photos and home movies on it that play slide shows. my phone connects to it VIA bluetooth or USB and i transer photos and music daily.

making fun of xbox owners is like making fun of a room of kids with down syndrome and anger management issues.

Oh I'd love to buy both but that's a lot of money at the moment. Unfortunately it'll have to be just one.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i have both....i love my ps3, the interface is better and free online gaming ftw.

i only have my xbox to play online with my friends who are losers and have xbox's....if I could, Id pitch the thing out the window.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I bought my PS3 thinking I'd play just games on it and have BluRay on the side, but honestly I have just as much fun playing with all the other little features. One of my favorites being wireless connectivity to my computer downstairs. Whatever music, pictures, videos, etc that are on my computer I can stream and save to my PS3 upstairs.

Trust me when I say this because I do play both systems regularly: There is no difference in quality of online play.

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Well I have had a 360 Elite since it came out. At first XBox had PS3 killed in games but now PS3 is FINALLY catching up. The online play is better with the Xbox, I would rather pay money for something that is going to be better. Lets face it free things usually are just not as good.

Now I have already had my 360 repaired twice for the stupid red ring of bullshit. I was so close on selling my 360 and getting a PS3. I am still thinking about it because of the price change but I still gotta finish modding my truck so I doubt I will do it. If I had no other expenses I would definetly sell my 360 and pay the difference for the PS3 since I clearly wont get $300 for my xbox used.

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
One of my favorites being wireless connectivity to my computer downstairs. Whatever music, pictures, videos, etc that are on my computer I can stream and save to my PS3 upstairs.

How do you do that??

Yeah both are good consoles, i just think the PS3 is an overall better console

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Now that everybody is excited about the slim it's a perfect time to go out and buy a launch model.

A full featured and backwards compatible ps3 FTMFW!!!!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
How do you do that??

Yeah both are good consoles, i just think the PS3 is an overall better console

+1...how do you do that?

Do a Google search for "Mac or PC to PS3 media streaming". There's a few different programs out there and I'm not sure which one I'm using right now as the icon just disappeared from my computer for some reason and I can't find it. There's one one showing up on my PS3 called Eyeconnect but I'm not sure if that's a very good program as I can't get it to play the content from my computer anymore. Some of the programs will offer the music streaming for free but the pics and vids are usually a trial thing and then you have to pay. But I'm almost positive the program I was using recently was free for everything. I used it a couple months back and now it's just gone so I have to find it on my computer. :cuss:

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I have a 360 and have been wanting to get a PS3 for some of their exclusive titles. If you were to get the PS3 go for the 120gb model. I believe the PS3 slim has been downgraded a bit on certain areas. I can't remember what parts where changed, cause I don't have the article on hand. I'll try to look for it and post it.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I have a 360 and have been wanting to get a PS3 for some of their exclusive titles. If you were to get the PS3 go for the 120gb model. I believe the PS3 slim has been downgraded a bit on certain areas. I can't remember what parts where changed, cause I don't have the article on hand. I'll try to look for it and post it.

Well I think the only downgrade, if I remember right, is the backwards compatibility. It has an improved processor, cooling units, and hard drive. I've heard the bluray player has been upgrade as well. If you know of any though post it up because I'd definitely like to know before I fork out the cash.

chinchilla

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM&feature=related"]YouTube - Chad Warden Original : Why the PS3 is better than the Wii and 360 (part 1)[/ame]

all you need to know

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread