Thinking about getting a new cell phone

endless381

Established Member
I've been looking around and think I have found the one I want....Its the HTC Desire.Does anybody have this phone?I think it is a pretty good phone from the reviews [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Buh_dkzpYc"]YouTube - HTC Desire vs iPhone vs HD2: Web Browsing[/nomedia]

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
The Desire looks like a GSM version of the Incredible, which was an awesome phone.

ninety8 GT

Mustang Fanatic
Established Member
Iphone 3GS isnt even the most recent phone from apple so not necessarily a fair comparison considering the new iphone 4 has new improvements

F8L BYT

Established Member
Samsung Fascinate is what I have here... Look up some reviews on it. Beats the iphone 4 in everything pretty much. I love the phone and it does anything I want it to except whip my ass

Silver03Termi

Established Member
HTC Evo 4g Droid- Sprint. Best phone Ive had. Just got the fiance an iphone4, upgraded from the iphone 3g, shes an apple fan. The droid o.s. is so much better in my opinion.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Those are all old reviews from much earlier this year.

Personally as far as the new phones that are out, I'd go with the MyTouch 4G and T-Mobile. I have the "lower-end" Motorola Android device in the Cliq that I own, and regularly beat my buddy's Droid (Verizon) and our co-worker's iPhones (AT&T) and Samsung Vibrant (Verizon) in data speed. At home, I can get up to almost 5 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up, and all of their devices would be lucky to get to even 1. At work (partially shielded building), I average about 1.5 Mbps, while they all get about 200 to 700 Kbps, Another buddy on his MyTouch 4G averages about 9 Mbps in our market.

Then again, I can't speak for the HTC Evo, which is 4G, especially in my market. Haven't met anyone that has one.

http://www.smartphoneenvy.com/featured/face-off-t-mobile-mytouch-4g-vs-att-apple-iphone-4/

[youtube_browser]ahIGIiamscA[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]s7meLDTl_8Y[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I've had the HTC Incredible for a year now and it's the best phone I've ever had, including my old iPhone 3G. I can't say enough about it. Speed is great. Quality is excellent. Apps are awesome. Ease of use is excellent. Size is perfect. HTC makes some great phones and the Android OS is awesome. You have a lot of choices to pick from, depending on your carrier.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Off Topic

Blade Runner: Ease up on the sig pics man. On my laptop, maxed out at a widescreen res of 1280x800, I still have to scroll sideways because of your wide-ass, side-by-side sig pics. Either stack 'em top to bottom, or get rid of at least one, or re-size those bastards.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
I like the new my touch 4g.
Except that I'm a 'keyboard' kind of guy. So I'm waiting a while to c if they make a Mytouch 4g with a slide out qwerty keyboard. I currently have the the mytouch slide and I love it.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I like the new my touch 4g.
Except that I'm a 'keyboard' kind of guy. So I'm waiting a while to c if they make a Mytouch 4g with a slide out qwerty keyboard. I currently have the the mytouch slide and I love it.

Once I downloaded and installed "SlideIt" on my phone (similar to "Swype"), I never really used the hardware keyboard again.

DevilSun

Established Member
Personally - I really, really like my Windows Phone 7 (Samsung Focus) on ATT. I waited a really long time, tried out numerous other phones (owned by friends) but am glad I held out.

endless381

Established Member
I picked up the HTC desire yesterday and so far I like it alot.....I dont really have anything to compare it to but I think it does pretty good.....Only problem is I cant recive any pic mail.....It has to be sumthing set up with my phone wrong because my friend has the same phone and carrier and he has no problem getting pic mail

Users who are viewing this thread