Thinking about getting into a new hellcat. Any advice for or against?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Big, heavy, fast and comfortable cars. I would daily one.

The problem now is interest rates. Unless they’re running a low apr deal you’re going to get hammered.
Exactly.
Well if they build enough that they stack up like previous (near impossible) maybe they’ll bring back power dollars or like current Rams 0% for like longer terms.
I wish they would have done a Redeye WB manual even if it would have been slower.
Great to think they’re still selling these at least to me.
-J

LS WUT

Established Member
Corbic makes a point of boring and heavy but to me that’s why you go Hellcat and understand it’s a comfortable street/highway machine. And the boring point is hard to wrap my head around when you’re a few simple mods from 900hp and 10.0s and still 200hp top end from the chassis and A8 with 2.62 gearing.
As one of a few guys who did 3/36k in Hellcat from drag radials to snow tires and back it’s an awesome street machine. Same overall MPG as my Ram and better than my ML63s in my daily commute. Sign me up again. Too bad that $599 down $599/mo. Lease deal is gone :)
-J
Totally agree man. My boy Josh @Zemedici was gonna get me a 2.85 pulley, injectors, and such I would have been scooting around about 850 or so with E85 I think he said. Don’t quote me. All while having my heated steering wheel, and seats. None of which is used because I live in Florida, however you get my drift. Also, yes the car does weigh 4,575 curb weight. Buddy ran an 11.2 @122 I think in his hellcat challenger with just drag radials, and an intake? Seems pretty fun to me. Yes, a new hellcat, or widebody redeye will be about $85k or so. I picked up this 2016 hellcat charged last may for $60k shipped to the house with 14k miles, 1 owner car with all maintenance records

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Exactly.
Well if they build enough that they stack up like previous (near impossible) maybe they’ll bring back power dollars or like current Rams 0% for like longer terms.
I wish they would have done a Redeye WB manual even if it would have been slower.
Great to think they’re still selling these at least to me.
-J

That’s what I’m waiting for before I get a new truck. 6-8 points is obscene.

csm1320

Established Member
I regret not driving my gt500 enough. This would be my daily, I live in a Midwest, rural area so blacktop and highway hits will be my fun runs. I did the mod thing on my shelby so this will stay stock, at least until the warranty is close to spent. I don't really care about corner carving but I realize these things are fat. Is it that noticeable under most conditions? Didn't realize they were theft targets either. Is the build quality that much worse than ford?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Friend of mine has a 2018 Hellcat Charger. I've only driven it once, but it was nice. I've ridden in it plenty of times and I think the interior is nice. His has about 80k on it. I'd rock one as a daily.

I wouldn't be scared to take it on a canyon run, but I also wouldn't expect to run at the front of the pack.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
traitor-family-guy.gif

OX1

Established Member
Totally agree man. My boy Josh @Zemedici was gonna get me a 2.85 pulley, injectors, and such I would have been scooting around about 850 or so with E85 I think he said. Don’t quote me. All while having my heated steering wheel, and seats. None of which is used because I live in Florida, however you get my drift. Also, yes the car does weigh 4,575 curb weight. Buddy ran an 11.2 @122 I think in his hellcat challenger with just drag radials, and an intake? Seems pretty fun to me. Yes, a new hellcat, or widebody redeye will be about $85k or so. I picked up this 2016 hellcat charged last may for $60k shipped to the house with 14k miles, 1 owner car with all maintenance records

Crazy, that is 917 lbs more than my blown S197 @ 3658 (which has about 100 lbs weight reduction, but 100 lbs added back for the blower). Of course I'm sure they're 1000 times nicer to drive with amenities and all, than my optionless (except auto) Stang.

But I'm way to impatient "waiting' for traction in any kind of weather (or even dry pavement with enough go juice, even on DR's), when my POS AWD DD pulls 1.72, 0-30's. God bless you guys (and your probably going to need it), driving a 700+ HP RWD in the snow, LOL!!

robvas

Established Member
Was...

Sold it for what I paid for it when that seemed like a good idea in 2021.
What was done to it and what did it trap at?

The scat packs seem like one will trap 112mph then another guy goes 118.

LS WUT

Established Member
Crazy, that is 917 lbs more than my blown S197 @ 3658 (which has about 100 lbs weight reduction, but 100 lbs added back for the blower). Of course I'm sure they're 1000 times nicer to drive with amenities and all, than my optionless (except auto) Stang.

But I'm way to impatient "waiting' for traction in any kind of weather (or even dry pavement with enough go juice, even on DR's), when my POS AWD DD pulls 1.72, 0-30's. God bless you guys (and your probably going to need it), driving a 700+ HP RWD in the snow, LOL!!
Luckily I’ll never have to drive in snow due to me living in Sarasota. Doesn’t even get that cold down here. Seen 30’s maybe twice or 3 times a year. Generally hovers around 45-50.

It all depends on what he wants to so with the car ultimately. If he wants a nice driver I’d say the hellcats are nice. If you wanna go fast, and a bunch of other things it’s surely capable of doing so. I don’t have many “curves” down here to give you a real answer of how it handles in turns if I’m honest. However I didn’t buy it for corners. I bought it to be a nice auto daily that can give me power on demand. I’ve got to many other toys that are purposely meant to be fast and uncomfortable.

OX1

Established Member
Luckily I’ll never have to drive in snow due to me living in Sarasota. Doesn’t even get that cold down here. Seen 30’s maybe twice or 3 times a year. Generally hovers around 45-50.

It all depends on what he wants to so with the car ultimately. If he wants a nice driver I’d say the hellcats are nice. If you wanna go fast, and a bunch of other things it’s surely capable of doing so. I don’t have many “curves” down here to give you a real answer of how it handles in turns if I’m honest. However I didn’t buy it for corners. I bought it to be a nice auto daily that can give me power on demand. I’ve got to many other toys that are purposely meant to be fast and uncomfortable.

Sounds like you a have the prefect area for that type of ride. There are plenty of quick cars these days, but still not that many that trap 130 plus.

The 70-130ish pull never gets old with that kind of power, combined with screaming engine RPM, blower whine, exh note, chirping tires between gears (even with an auto, if set up "firm" enough"), and the general feeling of not being in total control :cool:

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I had a 2017 Challenger hellcat for about five years. I got bored driving it with the auto trans. Maybe if it had the manuel trans I would have kept it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a 2017 Challenger hellcat for about five years. I got bored driving it with the auto trans. Maybe if it had the manuel trans I would have kept it.
What tires did you run? Any mods?
I find most things get boring after 5yrs unless you mod to keep them interesting.
I have a manual WB on order and hoping it gets built but I know the auto is faster and a better fit to a big car.
-J

noco5.0

Established Member
What tires did you run? Any mods?
I find most things get boring after 5yrs unless you mod to keep them interesting.
I have a manual WB on order and hoping it gets built but I know the auto is faster and a better fit to a big car.
-J
I'm not on the Hellcat forum much anymore but didn't they stop producing manuals? I look up used ones occasionally and there is only a handful of 2018+ manual Hellcats available across the country. I preferred the manual even though it's slower.

Users who are viewing this thread