Thinking about moving to North Carolina

vt4cam

Established Member
As the title says, I've been thinking about moving to North Carolina in the next few months, somewhere near the Charlotte area.

I have spent the last few years working for professional motorsports team (Subaru Rally Team USA) doing parts, logistics and vendor relations . I would like to stay in the racing/aftermarket performance industry. If any one knows any good job leads in the Charlotte/Mooresville are please let me know.

Thanks
Justin

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Cant say I know of any particular jobs but this is deffinately racing central where the big boys play. A lot of well known shops near fayetteville area up towards benson. Not too sure about up north more.

mikecobra01

Established Member
Ive tried to get on a raceteam myself and have had no luck. Id say if you have expirence then you will have a better chance at getting on a raceteam.

There are plenty of teams here in mooresville and the surrounding area, if I were you I would send my resume to as many as possible. Once winter comes around I may try to do that myself and see if I have better luck.

vt4cam

Established Member
Thanks guys, Ive been doing a little shopping and have a few leads to work with. I figure I will start to pursue it a little harder as winter approaches, from my experience in racing I have learned very little employee change happens during the season.

obryant21

Established Member
Everyone's on the right track and I think with a bit of persistence you can find something... I just moved to Charlotte 2 months ago and it's pretty nice; the surrounding areas are great, Mooresville and what not, and that's probably about the area that you'll want to head to anyway..... There are several performance shops that might need you and I know that NASCAR had some openings recently as well, good luck with whatever you end up doing and if you head to the Charlotte area let me know!

vt4cam

Established Member
Everyone's on the right track and I think with a bit of persistence you can find something... I just moved to Charlotte 2 months ago and it's pretty nice; the surrounding areas are great, Mooresville and what not, and that's probably about the area that you'll want to head to anyway..... There are several performance shops that might need you and I know that NASCAR had some openings recently as well, good luck with whatever you end up doing and if you head to the Charlotte area let me know!

Thanks will do! I will definitely be down in the next month or so to do some scouting anyway! I figured Mooresville is where I will end up, it just a matter of time.

Kiohtee

Established Member
We have a Denver too, only you don't need a breathing device to walk around it.

Planter

Banned
We have a Denver too, only you don't need a breathing device to walk around it.

that's a mini-denver. lol. i never needed to use a breathing device or oxygen mask when I'm out in Denver. :shrug:

there is no substitute in the country for the mighty Rocky Mountains son! :beer:

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
NC is a great state. I went to college near Charlotte, used to go hiking and camping near Asheville and have a beach property on the Outer banks. :-D Lots of variety in NC.

Condor21

Established Member
I live right in the heart of the racing area. Hendricks is in my backyard. Roush and Ganasi are 5 minutes away, and the speedway is less then 5 from me. Jobs on the teams are HARD to come by, you basically have to know someone on the team.

Theres also a couple of mustang performance shops around here to. Good luck with your search!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
we (wife and I) have a few acres in eastern North Carolina near Murphy, bare ground right now, but planning on building a retirement home there.. beautiful place to live, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread