Thinking about moving to North Carolina

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
get your butt to asheville...love this place!!

+2 it's funny when the locals ask where you are from...

At bar, watching the athletics suck last year, drunk guy wonders up asking if I'm watching the race. I say no. Drunktard ask where I'm from since bartender thought my drivers license is fake, tell them both I'm from nor-cal. Both look at me like I'm a tree hugging hippy from commiefornia.... Other than that the city is awesome and surrounding areas also!

Bartenders look: ≖_≖

Drunktards look: ಠ.ಡ

Mfw: ಠ_ಠ

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
a few god shops in the wilmington area, but no racing teams or tracks here. good luck on your search

On a side note, your avatar is hilarious! :lol1:

The guy I use for home improvements just moved to North Carolina. He and his family love it. Wouldn't mind moving there myself.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
We have friends that live in Charlotte, haven't been down in a few years though. It's a great area.

I did the Richard Petty experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway, was a blast.

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I lived in charlotte for a while. Beautiful city with anything and everything you can imagine. Just for kicks, do a google search for a neighborhood called highland creek--it's a monstrosity of a neighborhood that we lived beside at the time.

Coiled03

Established Member
Shop your resume around to some of the teams.

This.

There's a saying that goes "anybody who really wants to be in racing, is in racing.", implying you have to want it bad enough to get in.

Shop your resume' around - hell, show up at the team's headquarters. Do anything to get your foot in the door, if you really want it.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
that's a mini-denver. lol. i never needed to use a breathing device or oxygen mask when I'm out in Denver. :shrug:

there is no substitute in the country for the mighty Rocky Mountains son! :beer:

lived in Denver for 27 years, the ONLY thing that place has going for it is Bandimere (probably the best track in the country). other than that, the roads suck, the traffic sucks, the smog sucks, the weather sucks, the snow sucks, the wind sucks, the people coming down from Wyoming suck, the sports teams suck, etc.

all that and i would STILL move back there just for Bandimere:burnout:

vt4cam

Established Member
This.

There's a saying that goes "anybody who really wants to be in racing, is in racing.", implying you have to want it bad enough to get in.

Shop your resume' around - hell, show up at the team's headquarters. Do anything to get your foot in the door, if you really want it.

Yeah I agree 100percent, I have been "in" for the past three years and would like to continue with it. I enjoy the challenge!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread