Thinking about putting the car on the market.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Car is getting re-painted sometime over the summer. Some a hole hit it in the parking lot and the body estimated 1200 in repairs. 1000 more to spray the car while they have it in the shop so I'm probably going to go ahead and have it repainted.

After seeing what they're going for on autotrader with higher miles I'm tempted to ask 29 and take no less the 28.

Some guy has a silver 03 with 45,000 miles on it asking 28,990. Mine just hit 33 and you guys know how I drive the thing its in excellent mechanical condition, I just don't take care of the paint, which will not be a problem if I respray the car this summer.

PM me if you're seriously interested. I'd rather sell to someone I know will take care of it before I sell it to some a hole that has an ego far beyond his driving skill set.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
There is no way you will get that much for that car. A more realistic price would be around 21k-25k. The higher end would have to come from someone looking for that exact car. Good luck with it though.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
There is no way you will get that much for that car. A more realistic price would be around 21k-25k. The higher end would have to come from someone looking for that exact car. Good luck with it though.

I'd like to agree with you. Thats what I'd pay for my car. But hell there are several 1 of 8 million white or black Cobras with 10k+ over my car listed for 27 or higher. If that is where the market is at someone will pay it.

TERMIN8R said:
repaint + mileage i doubt you'll get that but good luck
It will be Ford paint. It will be sprayed on the car by someone competent enough to microwave a ham sandwich this time. Rather than original paint job which is peeling in the fender wells. I fail to see how a repaint will bring the value down? 33k miles is not a garage queen but is lower than most I've seen on autotrader.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
a repaint is a repaint period.....there is no such thing a "ford paint". and for a $1,000 bucks you're going to get what you're paying for.
ask HISSMAN what his paint job cost him and see what it got him.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Unless you do a show car repaint like HISSMAN (read $$$$$), the repaint hurts the value.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Unless you do a show car repaint like HISSMAN (read $$$$$), the repaint hurts the value.

$1000 is my cost, not what the paint job would be worth. The owner of Garland Auto Body (Domingo) is a long time family friend so everything is fixed at cost to me (unless insurance is taking care of it, then he charges the shiest of me). He painted the Fox for $2200 which would've easily cost 6 to 7000 elsewhere, and I definitely got at least a 6k paint job on the car. No orange peel, and wet sanded twice before he released the fox back to me. Assuming he would put the same effort into the Cobra it would be a paint far beyond factory quality.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
a repaint is a repaint period.....there is no such thing a "ford paint". and for a $1,000 bucks you're going to get what you're paying for.
ask HISSMAN what his paint job cost him and see what it got him.

There is a such thing as a "ford paint". One that sucks horribly and usually flakes in several places. I was just saying it will be torch red paint from Ford, just sprayed by someone who knows what a paint gun is. Not some knock off look-a-like red.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
There is a such thing as a "ford paint". One that sucks horribly and usually flakes in several places. I was just saying it will be torch red paint from Ford, just sprayed by someone who knows what a paint gun is. Not some knock off look-a-like red.

Ford uses PPG paint. i should know because i sprayed for them for alot of years in a production facility. and it's all in the prep work. oh and by the way my paint work never flaked.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
imo 28-29 is still really high. the car is 4-5 years old. maybe high 27's at best. like said unless someone is looking for that exact car or you just let it sit on the market till someone comes along and buys it. either way good luck.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Ford uses PPG paint. i should know because i sprayed for them for alot of years in a production facility. and it's all in the prep work. oh and by the way my paint work never flaked.

The car should be sanded sealed prepped and painted as per what he did to my fox. But yeah PPG or whoever for uses it will be repainted Torch Red.

My paint is flaking in both front fender wells.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
That sucks Sheldon, but I feel ya... I think you could get 26 EASY, and probably 27-28 with the PERFECT buyer like Steve said...

If I put mine up, I wouldn't take less than 28 either, I already turned that down so I know there is at least ONE person willing to pay that. I am in no hurry to sell, I got a new clutch coming from my homie Silver Serpant, so my car will be out of the driveway soon. I have a rarer color, newer car, and 15K less miles than you though, so 28 might be tough. Good luck and let us know what happens.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
If this was an old Mopar, or rare Chevy I could see color coming into play in the price. But let's not get carried away. These are still relatively new cars and are not THAT rare. Dress it up anyway you like, it's still a late model Mustang. The market dicates the cars are selling between 19k (for high mileage car) and 26k (for a LOW LOW mileage car) Super clean, low mileage turbo cars with 20k+ in mods are still only selling for between 27k-35k and 35k is definetly the exception to the rule.

We all want our toys to be worth alot because we value them so much. But there is a point you have to look at it logically.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
If this was an old Mopar, or rare Chevy I could see color coming into play in the price. But let's not get carried away. These are still relatively new cars and are not THAT rare. Dress it up anyway you like, it's still a late model Mustang. The market dicates the cars are selling between 19k (for high mileage car) and 26k (for a LOW LOW mileage car) Super clean, low mileage turbo cars with 20k+ in mods are still only selling for between 27k-35k and 35k is definetly the exception to the rule.

We all want our toys to be worth alot because we value them so much. But there is a point you have to look at it logically.

very well put, I'm just saying C/Os sell for more than most all of the other colors, not trying to be an ass, just look at the ones for sale. People love the color (certain people) and will pay more for it. C/O is selling for at least 1-2K more than any color besides blue, including Torch Red. Blue is worth a lot more too!:rockon:

texaswrx

Established Member
Yeah, but the Sonic blues are approaching 5 plus years old. I would not sell my TR 04 for less than 26k. Good luck on the sale either way.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member

The whole point of the first post was the market is higher than that right now. Private owners have cars listed with 10k more miles than mine asking 28. If they're getting sold, then Mine will sell for 28 (or should). I haven't really checked the market on this site that was just a quick search around DFW on autotrader.

The 10th anniversary package is good for an extra 1000 bucks to a car enthusiast right?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
The whole point of the first post was the market is higher than that right now. Private owners have cars listed with 10k more miles than mine asking 28. If they're getting sold, then Mine will sell for 28 (or should). I haven't really checked the market on this site that was just a quick search around DFW on autotrader.

The 10th anniversary package is good for an extra 1000 bucks to a car enthusiast right?

To the right buyer looking specifically for a Anniversary car, possibly. But on a whole - no. Just because someone is ASKING 28 for a car, doesn't mean they are getting it. There isn't one person in this thread (especially Matt) who wouldn't haggle on the price if they were buying a car. Gas prices are an all time high, alot of people are selling their cars these days and getting something more economical which in return brings down the prices. Plus, a car is only worth as much as a buyer is willing to pay for it. There are no set prices. Just because one may have a number in mind because they are emotionally attached to their car doesn't mean the car is worth that much.

Logic > emotion.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I have a 04 with 26k miles, never pullied, dark seats inserts and is in perfect shape. No accidents etc and I cant get 26k for it, so good luck. Market is down

Andrew91GT

Established Member
LOL @ you guys. You are all stoned. Good luck with your $28k. Gonna spend that with the scrimilus check coming soon? Try not to blow it all in one place.....

Maybe someone will pay me $35k for my Z06 too? :rolleyes:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
LOL @ you guys. You are all stoned. Good luck with your $28k. Gonna spend that with the scrimilus check coming soon? Try not to blow it all in one place.....

Maybe someone will pay me $35k for my Z06 too? :rolleyes:
Actually... if your car didnt look like it was in a war, you could prob get low 30s for it... Lots of Z06s like yours are in the low 30 range... of course with about few 100 less scratches and the interior in slightly better shape.

Just playin bro, but last time I was in it, it looked like you used it as a truck.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread