Thinking about putting the car on the market.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Actually... if your car didnt look like it was in a war, you could prob get low 30s for it... Lots of Z06s like yours are in the low 30 range... of course with about few 100 less scratches and the interior in slightly better shape.

Just playin bro, but last time I was in it, it looked like you used it as a truck.:eek:

Before I got it buffed!

The doublestiched italian leather interior is nice stuff too!

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Actually... if your car didnt look like it was in a war, you could prob get low 30s for it... Lots of Z06s like yours are in the low 30 range... of course with about few 100 less scratches and the interior in slightly better shape.

Just playin bro, but last time I was in it, it looked like you used it as a truck.:eek:

As you and I both know, you suck at shopping around for good deals. You can find C5 Z06's all day long for mid to low 20's. 30's? You can get a hella modified C5 Z06 for 30k. :lol:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
As you and I both know, you suck at shopping around for good deals. You can find C5 Z06's all day long for mid to low 20's. 30's? You can get a hella modified C5 Z06 for 30k. :lol:
Yea sure, I'm just saying what I have seen... dude at the Filling Station picked up a 02 Blue Z06 for 32 he said, it looked brand new, but still, the prices are out there... Just because Super Steve can find the best deals on the planet doesn't mean that he average person doesn't pay more... Your small area of expert bargain shopping doesn't dictate the market for every car. I'm sure you could find some desperate out of work stock broker to sell his new Ferrari for cheap too, doesn't mean all Ferraris are in the tank because one or even a few sell cheap.;-)

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member

Show me where you're finding these cars. The first few Z06s on autotrader are above 30.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=

The only 2 Z06s under 30 are 02s with higher mileage. If you want an 03/04 in good condition you have to get out the cash.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Just because Super Steve can find the best deals on the planet doesn't mean that he average person doesn't pay more...

You really are an asshat when it comes to money. Anyone with any sort of common sense always shops for the best deals regardless of what they are shopping for. Just because you lack the self control to not just buy the first clean car that comes around doesn't make me cheap. I'm sorry that you're butthurt to find out your cars aren't worth what you want them to be.

Don't worry, this will be my last post directed at you and this subject.

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
LMFAO, right on the bottom of the page without even looking around there is a Z06 for 25k. :lol:

Like I said, both 02s (If I'm going to trade for Z06 its going to be 03 or 04 at least) and one has 53,300 miles and the other 60,000.

What a steal Steve, may I say you are the master of finding deals :rollseyes

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
You really are an asshat when it comes to money. Anyone with any sort of common sense always shops for the best deals regardless of what they are shopping for. Just because you lack the self control to not just buy the first clean car that comes around doesn't make me cheap. I'm sorry that you're butthurt to find out your cars aren't worth what you want them to be.

Don't worry, this will be my last post directed at you and this subject.

I have to agree with you on this. Seems like everyone buys the first clean car that they see. I shopped for my car for 3-4 months before I bought it, and its nothing special just a regular GT.

DHG, Im sure there are people out there that are looking for cars just like yours, but the ones willing to pay top dollar aka 26,000+ are probably few and far between. If i were you id run a ad somewhere and see what happens. Id take 27-28,000 for that car and be pretty damn happy, im guessing you didnt pay much more or less for the car when you first got it.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
He said C5 Z06. An 02 Corvette Z06 IS in fact a C5 Z06, just because you want to get picky about the year doesn't mean he isn't right.

Okay. And Steve was saying Matt doesn't shop around. An 02 with 60k or 53k miles? Yeah thats really shopping around.

Ofcourse you can get a C5Z for under 30 but its not going to be a "deal" or something worth wasting your time to shop around for.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Several '03 & '04 Cobras listed in auto trader:

link

I guess there is a difference between asking for and actually getting, but prices seem decent.

Someone else can have mine, after I am dead.

And speaking of gas prices, I just got back from a 2500 mile round trip drive into Mexico... 93 octane was 3.06 a gallon. (tell me the oil companies are not ripping us a new one)

-Brian

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Several '03 & '04 Cobras listed in auto trader:

link

I guess there is a difference between asking for and actually getting, but prices seem decent.

Someone else can have mine, after I am dead.

And speaking of gas prices, I just got back from a 2500 mile round trip drive into Mexico... 93 octane was 3.06 a gallon. (tell me the oil companies are not ripping us a new one)

-Brian

Want to be even more disgusted? China is paying the same $130 a barrell like the US is, but they are still paying $2.10 a gallon. Something doesn't add up. :nonono:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Okay. And Steve was saying Matt doesn't shop around. An 02 with 60k or 53k miles? Yeah thats really shopping around.

Ofcourse you can get a C5Z for under 30 but its not going to be a "deal" or something worth wasting your time to shop around for.
Well the cars I LOOK for are few and far between... there were a gaggle of Orange 04s with 11K on them even when I got my car... and how many of them were for sale in TX? Um none... lol.

Yea I know shit about money, and I know nothing about good deals... you got me!

Thing is I am just picky as hell. Just settling for a car because its the "same" and its only had 2-3 wrecks but the paint almost matches or its had 2-3 motors or something in it. These things mean something to me, and I know I am not the only one that doesn't want a whored out or car thats been hit.

I don't give two shits what my cars are worth. I am only planning on selling the 93, and I know I can get more for it than I paid because I've already been offered it by 3+ people the day I got the car.:sleeping:

I know the market sucks, but I'm not trying to sell my Terminator, Sheldon is. I was just backing him up as I think he can get mid 20s for his car easily, and maybe 26-27 for someone wanting a red 10th.:bored:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member

just FYI, Chevy dealers are trying really hard to get rid of the corvettes of their lots. a 08 LS3 6Spd with basic options can EASILY be had for 35-39,000. So a C5 z06 is really kinda a waste of time when you can get more warantee and more car for slightly more.

I went to a corvette lot a couple weeks ago, and they were ready to drop 4,500 off stick on a 08 LS3. It stickered at 42,xxx, and i could of picked it up for 38,000 easily.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Well the cars I LOOK for are few and far between... there were a gaggle of Orange 04s with 11K on them even when I got my car... and how many of them were for sale in TX? Um none... lol.

Yea I know shit about money, and I know nothing about good deals... you got me!

Thing is I am just picky as hell. Just settling for a car because its the "same" and its only had 2-3 wrecks but the paint almost matches or its had 2-3 motors or something in it. These things mean something to me, and I know I am not the only one that doesn't want a whored out or car thats been hit.

I don't give two shits what my cars are worth. I am only planning on selling the 93, and I know I can get more for it than I paid because I've already been offered it by 3+ people the day I got the car.:sleeping:

I know the market sucks, but I'm not trying to sell my Terminator, Sheldon is. I was just backing him up as I think he can get mid 20s for his car easily, and maybe 26-27 for someone wanting a red 10th.:bored:

You're right, I buy junk. 68k miles, red 93 Cobra, all vin tags, never wrecked confirmed by bodyshop, all paperwork since new, original Texas car bought new in McKinney, it's reasonably clean for never being repainted. Shame on me for robbing the former owner for buying it from him for 9k and I've been offered 16k. :nonono:

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
You're right, I buy junk. 68k miles, red 93 Cobra, all vin tags, never wrecked confirmed by bodyshop, all paperwork since new, original Texas car bought new in McKinney, it's reasonably clean for never being repainted. Shame on me for robbing the former owner for buying it from him for 9k and I've been offered 16k. :nonono:

You just got really lucky bro. Those deals only come along once in a blue moon.

Like you said, you've been offered 16 for it, the seller just didn't know what he had, or didn't care enough to try and get a fair price for it.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Thats a whored out race car (it has a cage, race seats and no carpet!), I don't think that has any bearing on my car's value, but I could be wrong...

Its the same ole song and dance, my car is what someone is willing to buy it for. Honestly I'd say in the 26-27 range, but if I sold it as of right now, I'd want a little more than that. Does not mean it is worth it, just means I am not selling it for what the going rate is, that's all. If i lose my job and have to get out of the payment, i'll dump it for less, but until (if) that happens, the car isn't on the market.

Once I get my D300, I'm doing a shoot of my 93 and it will be posted on every board I can think of that has to do with Mustangs. According to Steve, I should be able to get what I want fairly easily...

Users who are viewing this thread