Thinking about repainting the car

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
So, the other day i finally finished my motor/blower install only to find out i have two small oil leaks. One on the timing cover and one on the (What looks to be) rear of the passenger head. With that said, more than likely ill be pulling the motor yet again. I'm not too excited about it, but i do need to install my full 3" exhaust so the k-member etc would need to come out anyways.

Long story short, Ive been toying with the idea of painting the car since Ive started this build and now would be a great time to do this. The paint on the car is decent right now but could definitely be redone to bring back its shine and to fix a few problem areas.

So, question is do i repaint the car the same color it is or change it up. Ive had this car since 2005 and its always been silver, but i wouldn't mind something new and have been looking at maybe having her painted sonic blue.
What do you guys think?
Should i go with something else?
Whats your favorite color?
Post pics of what you think i should go with. I am not opposed to any color besides white or yellow(Sorry guys lol).

My car:
DSC01118-1.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

Pics i found of a sonic blue Roush Cobra:
edit1sig.jpg

edit2jwn.jpg

edit3m.jpg

edit4j.jpg

edit5plate.jpg

edit6.jpg

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I do like the blue but, I am also partial to Mineral Gray. To me, Mineral Gray is the sexiest color on a Mustang. If it were mine, stay Silver and more money other places.

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
Hmm, I do like the grabber blue. Is anyone good with photoshop and can change the color so we could see what it would look like?

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
+3

Your current color is pretty damn nice, so don't bother unless it's gonna be something out of the ordinary.

True. Well I'll price both options and we can go from there. I just know I want the engine bay resprayed as well as touch ups done on almost every panel. They are small touch ups, but if its going to paint then ill have it done right and fix everything at once.

TClark22

Established Member
i would just have the whole silver paint touched up and buffed back to new.

but I've thought about painting my silver as well. Sometimes silver gets a little boring. I would love comp orange :)

I also like the idea of if your going to do it...paint it a unique color to that year.

mustrans

Established Member
Id leave it silver, but instead of the saleens Id get some custom wheels made. That would make it pop!

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments gentlemen!
I appreciate it

Id leave it silver, but instead of the saleens Id get some custom wheels made. That would make it pop!

I've thought about this and even spoke to Steve at TF about the wheels. If I did them I'd do the sleepers in a brushed finish. I just don't know if I could spend that sort of coin on a set of wheels :/
Not that I don't have it or that I DD the car and it wouldn't be feasible, just that dropping 3-4k on a set of wheels just doesn't do it for me. Idk. Maybe one day ill bite the bullet, but for the time being I'm rocking cheaper wheels lol

I've been eye balling these quite hard lately
Varrstoen | Custom Performance Wheels and Accessories » VARRSTOEN ES7 PRE-ORDERS – NOW OPEN…

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Deep Impact Blue would look great I think! Or Electric Green, always loved that color.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Have a quality touch-up and paint correction done. Use the money you saved to go towards TF wheels. It's a win-win.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I think that car would look sexy and classy if you did "white platinum" from the new F150s.

I love metallic/pearl whites on cars and there's not really any mustangs with it. Theyre usually just the plain white with no metallic and no pearl in it.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
If I was gonna repaint my car I'd keep the same color unless I was going with a color that didn't come on it from the factory.

If you do change it make it a blue or another color that was never offered on your car IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread