Thinking about repainting the car

94_Vert

Established Member
$5k? Are you guys getting painted at Maaco?

A quality shop is going to pay $2k in their costs on quality materials and consumables to pay a car.

It depends on your area, around here a good paint job is 5-7k. That includes base and clear, taking out glass and moldings.

quad

Established Member
I do like the blue but, I am also partial to Mineral Gray. To me, Mineral Gray is the sexiest color on a Mustang. If it were mine, stay Silver and more money other places.

Agree. From the pictures the paint looks pretty damn good as is. Unless these are older photos? You could put that money somewhere else.

Car looks great btw!

quad

Established Member
If you are set in getting it painted how about some ghost flames?

109420SF20001.jpg

Flame1.jpg

Last edited:

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
Bumping an old thread since im back on the paint my car bus. I had left it alone for a while, but since i am about to pull the motor i think im going to go ahead and get new paint on her. I know im going to kick myself in the ass if i don't do it now vs later.
So, with that said, i was looking at cars in general the other day looking at paint colors and what i like and don't like etc and found these. What do you guys think about this color. I really like it on the cars, but im having a difficult time making up my mind lol
4274873468_a9ef470ca9_o_zps87234303.jpg

IMG_2205_zpsa67f0028.jpg

Bently-Continental-Platinum-Motorsport-Matte-Gray-AlexRoxas_zps00c4da8d.jpg

So what are your thoughts?
I friend of mine said he has a cousin that does paint so i may be able to get it done cheaper than i originally though. If not, i have even contemplated doing the paint work myself. No.., i have never painted a car before. Yes..., I understand its a lot of labor/time intensive.
I have been reading up on it the past few days and i really think its something i could do. Its not like i absolutely need to drive the car right now (Not my DD), so if it takes a month it takes a month, no biggie. And if it turns out like sh!t, then ill just have to pay to have it done right. I definitely think the cool factor would be there in saying i painted the car/ build the motor etc though lol

Has anyone on here painted there own car or does paint work professionally?

Agree. From the pictures the paint looks pretty damn good as is. Unless these are older photos? You could put that money somewhere else.

Car looks great btw!

The pictures are definitely older photos. I havent driven the car in going on 2 yrs lol :bash::cryying:

If you are set in getting it painted how about some ghost flames?

109420SF20001.jpg

Flame1.jpg

Iv though about it, but im not too big on flames or graphics of any kind. I prefer a nice one color or two tone paint job for cars. Clean and simple :rockon:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
saleens on a roush?? isnt that like putting an LS1 in a terminator?! :dw::-D

im willing to bet that bimmer and bentley are both wraps. see them all over the place out here. was driving next to a brand new 5 series yesterday with satin orange vinyl wrap with cf hood and black wheels and tint. looked awful :nonono:

a full wrap will cost a few grand and last a few years. if its a weekend car that sits in the garage, probably longer.

looks like you've already pulled the trigger on paint but ill say it anyways, on a "regular" car you're just burning $ (especially at $5-7k!). on a car like that camaro its worth it. if you plan to keep the car forever or a looong time than not as bad but if you sell it in a few years you'll be kicking yourself for having spent that much $. you wont get it back in the sale. and its different if the car needs a full paint job. but if your car is already clean, as is yours, then its a little bit of a waste imo. at least with wheels or a blower you can get some money back out of it if you get bored with them.

but enjoy your new paint. im sure it will make it feel like a whole new car :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you try to paint it yourself and it turns out like shit you may end up paying more to undo your work

Tim99GT

Just a 2V...
Established Member
saleens on a roush?? isnt that like putting an LS1 in a terminator?! :dw::-D

im willing to bet that bimmer and bentley are both wraps. see them all over the place out here. was driving next to a brand new 5 series yesterday with satin orange vinyl wrap with cf hood and black wheels and tint. looked awful :nonono:

a full wrap will cost a few grand and last a few years. if its a weekend car that sits in the garage, probably longer.

looks like you've already pulled the trigger on paint but ill say it anyways, on a "regular" car you're just burning $ (especially at $5-7k!). on a car like that camaro its worth it. if you plan to keep the car forever or a looong time than not as bad but if you sell it in a few years you'll be kicking yourself for having spent that much $. you wont get it back in the sale. and its different if the car needs a full paint job. but if your car is already clean, as is yours, then its a little bit of a waste imo. at least with wheels or a blower you can get some money back out of it if you get bored with them.

but enjoy your new paint. im sure it will make it feel like a whole new car :beer:

LOL maybe its similar. In my defense its not a true roush (Clone here) and i like the saleen wheel design haha
Id prefer a set of those sweet sleepers you have with chrome lips and brushed centers, but havent brought myself to drop that kinda coin for a set of wheels yet. Ill be changing the wheels soon enough anyways as the wheels i have are about 6 yrs old and the chrome is starting to flake on the inside of the drum.

Also, i dont plan to get rid of this car anytime soon. Ive had it since 2004 and shes been good to me so she will probably stay in the family for many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread