Thinking about selling a 2005?

tw0scoops

Established Member
I was just curious, if I were to sell my '05GT(21k miles) for a '03/'04 Term, do you guys think I would have to pay out like 3-5k in cash extra(depending on the mileage on the Term I'm sure)?

SVT_4_me

Established Member
I would expect to pay out a little extra cash, but it all depends man... I just picked up my '03 DSG Coupe, with 8,600 miles, stock except for a Borla catback, for $24k.

tw0scoops

Established Member
SVT_4_me said:
I would expect to pay out a little extra cash, but it all depends man... I just picked up my '03 DSG Coupe, with 8,600 miles, stock except for a Borla catback, for $24k.

I'm sorry. I keep seeing "DSG" on this site. What does that stand for?

Did you buy yours from a dealer? I was thinking of going to the dealer where I buy all my mustangs and I was going to ask if they could find a black cobra for me in the region and maybe trade with another dealer who has one.

Good idea, bad idea?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Sell your car outright 1st. Don't trade it in. You will pay less money in the long run if you do not trade.

tw0scoops

Established Member
Any1 know what I should ask for a 2005 with 21k on it?

It's in great condition, all highway miles, no dents, leather, side airbags.

vulk

Established Member
KBB says your cars private party value is about 23K w/ a manual tranny, with just basic options. Im not sure what you options you have in it but it seems as you can get fairly close to a cobra, if you were to sell your new stang. Trade in value for your car is about 20K, but i dont think you will find a dealer willing to give that much because my friend tried trading in his 07 GT for a vette with all the options and only 6k on the car, he got an appraisal for about 24K from 3 dealerships. He bought the car for 35k and has only had it 3 months. Anywho, goodluck with the sale!

SVT_4_me

Established Member
tw0scoops said:
I'm sorry. I keep seeing "DSG" on this site. What does that stand for?

Did you buy yours from a dealer? I was thinking of going to the dealer where I buy all my mustangs and I was going to ask if they could find a black cobra for me in the region and maybe trade with another dealer who has one.

Good idea, bad idea?

Dark Shadow Gray...

I did purchase my cobra from a dealer, and I think I got a killer deal. I sold my '96 cobra outright on a Saturday, and the next Sunday my car popped up on autotrader. Went and bought it on Monday... yeah, I got lucky!!

tw0scoops

Established Member
I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy the cobra to begin with. I was presented with the opportunity to get a brand new '05 when they first came out, or TRY and find a used cobra(which was hard back in '05). I still love my '05...but there's no escaping the awsomeness that is the cobra.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
vaheek said:
KBB says your cars private party value is about 23K w/ a manual tranny, with just basic options. Im not sure what you options you have in it but it seems as you can get fairly close to a cobra, if you were to sell your new stang. Trade in value for your car is about 20K, but i dont think you will find a dealer willing to give that much because my friend tried trading in his 07 GT for a vette with all the options and only 6k on the car, he got an appraisal for about 24K from 3 dealerships. He bought the car for 35k and has only had it 3 months. Anywho, goodluck with the sale!

KBB and AutoTrader gives good estimates & Dealers tend to follow those guidelines. Trade in around here @ a Dealer is around 21k. Private sell nets 2-3k more usually.

Users who are viewing this thread