Thinking of a watts link

PARTSDUDE

Established Member
Question guys,
If set up properly, can the Shelby fays2 watts link work without any additional noise?
I am considering the Shelby or the whiteline set up.
I am not going to track the car. I am putting on 20x11 with Nitto 315/35 tires. The rims are being made to tuck inside the quarter panel lip. It's going to be tight. I didn't know if an adjustable panhard bar would allow the rear end to shift to the left during a suspension compression enough to contact the quarter panel. That is why I am considering the watts link.
Any thoughts on this. Am I over reacting to the amount of movement the panhard bar will permit during suspension travel ??
I will be using Tokico d-spec and FRPP drop springs.
Thanks for the input and thoughts guys.
Ted.

Torchy

Established Member
I have 3 friends with watts links on their Shelby's and they all LOVE them. I don't think PHB allows that much horizontal travel but it would be good to know exactly how much space you have to work with once wheels are on.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Run across Cortex, Griggs, Fays2, steeda, whiteline, etc. I have the track pack as well, and I keep hearing the diff cooler WILL get in the way/make it impossible to put on half of these products. I do have interest in the whiteline watts....

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Whiteline will fit with modifications

It needs to have a side tap added for the cooling sensor and the breather needs to be installed on the axle.

Van@RevanRacing

Here's the problem. The OEM diff is finned for cooling if you don't have a track pack car. Without cooling you'll have to do an axle reservoir for fluid expansion.

Now for a track pack car as long as the plumbing and pick ups are engineered properly a Watts link would be great. I have driven a lot of cars with Fay's 2 and other brands including Griggs. I hang my hat with Griggs in conjunction with a torque arm everytime.

Last edited:

shelbysvt

Established Member
Whiteline will fit with modifications

It needs to have a side tap added for the cooling sensor and the breather needs to be installed on the axle.

When I talked with SVT about this they said they moved the breather from the axle to the cover because of the extra heat generated by the 13.

They said on the 12s during long normal driving or track driving the heat and pressure would build up too much in the tube causing it to leak

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
When I talked with SVT about this they said they moved the breather from the axle to the cover because of the extra heat generated by the 13.

Apparently they forgot that they had moved the breather prior to '13.

racermatt

Established Member
Our Watt's link will fit with the with the track pak and no modifications.
Steeda Watt's Link

As for getting enough clearance for 11" wide wheels, we have done numerous cars with our 11" wide wheels and 315/35R20 tires by using our adjustable panhard bar to center the rear. With the proper offset wheels you should be fine.

Please let me know if I can help you with either of these items or anything else.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread