Thinking of buying one in my old age.

Tygr1

Established Member
I'm going to look at an '03 Torch Red Vert. next week. It has 70k on it and the guy is asking 17.5k for it.

What say all of you young experts?

Tygr1

Established Member
How old is old?

Haha, probably old enough to be your father.

The car has sub frame connectors, a "slightly smaller" blower pulley, tint, stock Cobra wheels and a few more goodies. Looks very clean from the ad pics I've seen.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Haha, probably old enough to be your father.

The car has sub frame connectors, a "slightly smaller" blower pulley, tint, stock Cobra wheels and a few more goodies. Looks very clean from the ad pics I've seen.

Subframe connectors or the factory subframe connectors? Verts got factory subframe a which should still be replaced with aftermarket ones.

Tygr1

Established Member
Ok, ok, I'm 60.

Thanks for the heads up on the subframe connectors!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Compression test is always a good thing to do to make sure the motor is healthy. They are quite fun cars so enjoy.

f2hatch

Established Member
I'm old to a lot of these guys too. I say buy it and have a blast. the downfall will be seeing all the skinny jean wearing girly boys buying these cars now

Tygr1

Established Member
Thanks f2hatch!

Just spoke with the owner. He says the car does have aftermarket sub frame connectors, tube control arms, coilovers and a solid 4.10 axle. Sounds like good stuff to me.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Ok, ok, I'm 60.

Thanks for the heads up on the subframe connectors!
Got you beat youngster. However, I would NEVER buy another red mustang, EVER. Had one and spent a lot of time at the side of the road with license and insurance card in my hand. I prefer a color which is closer to asphalt so I can blend in. One time I was running in the middle of a 4 car pack and I'm the one who got pulled and ticketed. When I protested, he said, "Well, it looked like you were going faster." We were all going the same speed.

But that's just me. If you're looking for a fountain of youth, a Terminator will certainly do it. But if you're looking to increase the size of your penis, then check out the Corvettes. lol

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
You got me by a few years, but not many. Just remember as I told my wife, it is NOT a midlife crisis but a horsepower crisis that made me by it!

Solid axle with gears tells me it was built for the 1/4 mile and probably been run hard. I would give it a close inspection (compression test etc) before I put down my money. If the 1/4 mile is the way you want to go keep in mind most tracks will require a roll bar/cage.

Before buying any terminator spend some time

here >>>>>> http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...OU-POST-READ-gt-TERMINATOR-FAQs-amp-HOT-LINKS

and here >>>>> http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

and here >>>>> http://www.terminator-cobra.com/

FreddyFingers

Merica
Established Member
17,500 might be a tad much for that high of mileage but if its well taken care of then you got no worries. If it checks out, you'll never regret your decision to get it

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
You got me by a few years, but not many. Just remember as I told my wife, it is NOT a midlife crisis but a horsepower crisis that made me by it!

Solid axle with gears tells me it was built for the 1/4 mile and probably been run hard. I would give it a close inspection (compression test etc) before I put down my money. If the 1/4 mile is the way you want to go keep in mind most tracks will require a roll bar/cage.

Before buying any terminator spend some time

here >>>>>> http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...OU-POST-READ-gt-TERMINATOR-FAQs-amp-HOT-LINKS

and here >>>>> http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

and here >>>>> http://www.terminator-cobra.com/

I concur. A solid rear axle swap would be a clue it was built to drag race and I would definitely be very thorough in my inspection. If you intend to race it also then it could well be a good starting point for you but if you're looking for a fun sunny day / weekend cruiser then I would probably keep looking. On a twisty road the IRS setup is SO fun. Hey, there's a million opinions and you'll get a good cross section of them here:).

Happy hunting.

f2hatch

Established Member
I concur. A solid rear axle swap would be a clue it was built to drag race and I would definitely be very thorough in my inspection. If you intend to race it also then it could well be a good starting point for you but if you're looking for a fun sunny day / weekend cruiser then I would probably keep looking. On a twisty road the IRS setup is SO fun. Hey, there's a million opinions and you'll get a good cross section of them here:).

Happy hunting.

Not always my car is SRA swapped and I can say without a doubt that my car is babied more then 90% out there. My is swapped simply cause i don't like the feel of the IRS. It's never seen a track or even a street race since the solid has been installed 3 years ago

cj428mach

Established Member
Maybe I'm wrong but I think I'd stay away from a SRA car if I was you. Not that the car isn't nice but I'm assuming you're just going to want to drive and enjoy the car. A car like that has the possibility of needing a lot of work rather than a lot of windshield time.

If you want a car thats modded there is a local guy here in KS that has a 65k torch red anniversary vert with a whipple and SRA thats for sale in the market here. I think he's down to $18k, I know he's spent a lot of money on fixing little things on it (pinion leak, new tires, new tune, blower rebuilt, etc).

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
53 here and have owned my vert since 40. It is still lots-O-fun!

similar here, just turned 52 and bought my terminator new. loved it so much bought another one 3 years ago. grin ear to ear driving them everyday :rockon:

i also enjoy working on them, and that is important with cars like these

Users who are viewing this thread