Thinking of buying

Boss_302

Established Member
Ok guys im thinking of buy an 08 Powerstroke crew cab. it is a theft recovery truck, i know it needs an intercooler and all interior minor stuff...the truck has 34,000 miles on it. I do not know what if anything is done to this truck so lets assume its stock... what do i need to look out for if i decide to buy this truck and what will i need to upgrade? How can i get better MPG i have read that theses things get 11-14 mpg.... if this is the case and i cant get about 20 mpg i will have to pass and go buy a Dmax, due to the fact with my half ton chevy right now i am getting 19mpg with 33 inch tires. This truck will be used to pull a 24ft enclosed trailer, and a 14ft dump trailer, I pull both of these right now with my half ton chevy and just pulled 5ton with this truck and averaged 12 mpg, 20klbs all together with truck and trailer. I would appreciate your help guys would like to have another ford in my shop to be along my 03 kb cobra, and project 69 mach 1.

Ps: i want this truck to be dependable since it will be my DD too..

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Me and my dad just rebuilt a f250 crew cab diesel and it get about 10-13mpg....Anyways i just ordered a edge race tuner and a down pipe back exhaust 5inch and that should get me 5-8 mpg better with more hp.

Users who are viewing this thread