thinking of going with STS turbos...

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
Since Im moving back to the lower 48 in a couple weeks and im making a great deal of money doing it i was thinking about upgrading my SC and block and ive been looking around to see what prices were and my diff. options and stuff and ran across STS turbos, it sounds like a good idea to me and seems pretty easy to install a universal kit since i know how to weld and fab up some metal, the kits seems pretty cheap too with twim turbo kits starting off right around 2500 for the universal kits. Any thoughts?

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
sts on a lightning?

interesting, would for sure be fast

BUT not on a DD IMO. i think that as soon as water touches a hot turbo its going to crack

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It wasn't anyone on this board. It was people that I knew with Vettes and Fbodies that tried their kits and were unhappy. There was also a guy at the shop that did my truck (PSI) that had them install an STS kit on his truck (non-Lightning). The kit overall was a piece of crap. The techs were very unimpressed with the quality and how it was put together, and they had to make a lot of changes for it to be even half ass right. It would have taken a lot more money and fabrication to get it where they thought it should be. It also sounded like crap too. STS may have changed since then and they might put together an ok kit for the Lightning, I was just giving you a heads up with what I've seen and heard. I also personally don't like the placement of the turbo in the back, but that may just be me.

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
hey bud thanks for the heads up, like i posted in the subject i was thinking about it but really wanted your guys input before any transactions were made. heads up for everyone on here. i got an email back from JL today and i origanally asked how much to adapt the 2.8l kennebel to my truck like he did for the dude in mmff and he quoted me for around $5700 for parts so thats another option.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I am going to run compound boost on my HD through a Snakebite tm port with the Hellion set up as soon as it is available.. they are telling us that as soon as they finish up with the Dodge stuff they are getting to work on the Lightning set up..

Users who are viewing this thread