Thinking of selling Cobra

snkbit99

Established Member
I am thinking of selling my Cobra. It needs a bunch of work and I haven't driven it in a long time. So it basically sits in the garage and cost me money. Most of the stuff that needs to be done is minor. Rust on the bottom of the doors,alignment,Procharger plumbing needs to be painted or powder coated, MAf needs to be replaced. Small stuff like that. I know now is not a good time to be selling. With it being winter and the way the economy is. I was wondering what every body thought would be a fair price. I have a number in mind but am unsure of if it is fair. The car has 90,000 and something miles on it and mods in signature.

Thanks
Ed

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
don't bother. No one is buying a high mile, blown 99 cobra that doesn't run right for anything resembling decent money. You'd be better off parting it out and then selling the car in stock form.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Mods don't count for squat when selling a car unless its to another gear-head. With that many miles and some cosmetic flaws you are probably looking at $9k.

2001asp

Established Member
I would put it for sale around 6-7000. Better Idea,,,,Start simple and get it to where it runs, then use your tax refund to pave the way for the paint/body work.

snkbit99

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I know modded cars aren't really worth much to most people. Just curious what the cars of that age are going for/

Thanks
Ed

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
don't bother. No one is buying a high mile, blown 99 cobra that doesn't run right for anything resembling decent money. You'd be better off parting it out and then selling the car in stock form.

+1

Just part the blower and anything else you can replace with stock parts (assuming you still have them)

Users who are viewing this thread