thinking of selling my 2004 silver cobra

Jfoster

Established Member
Silver one with 2900 miles ended on ebay yesterday without hitting reserve. $24300. I've been mentioning this on and off, but the market has finally delt these almost 3 year old cars a depreciating blow - the same blow they dodged for the last 3 years. The market is just hurting a bit.

Sounds like your going to keep it for a while, which as you mentioned, you don't mind. If you find someone to give you 29k for it, give them my number, I have a couple of cars to sell too.

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
I live in the same area as rai 281 and 03-04 Cobra are still holding there value pretty well here in NOR CAL. Like I have stated in the past it is all in the location you are trying to sell, here they are in pretty high demand but in other places where they are not they will obviously sell for less. For example just a few months ago there was a dealer that was asking $38K for used white coupe, its not listed anymore so I guess it sold.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
yea bullitt i remember and the shit had 37k on the clock it had a kb but still and the asking price on my car was $38,999 i didn't pay that much but that was the asking price on it. there was 12K on the clock when i bhought it.

Jfoster

Established Member
Sorry, but you just cant say that the market is X because a dealer advertised a car at a certain price. If they were still selling for 30k in cali, then you wouldn't see nice, unsold cars on ebay that couldn't bring an offer over $24k

CbraSvt01

Banned
If you going to say your car will sell for more because its in California then thats bs. If thats the case you need to list it in the California section of this forum (if one exists) because buyers in other states dont give two shits about the mark up there.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
thats not what im sayin you guys are taking it the wrong way. im sayin thats what ive seen them for here in califonia thats all no need to get pissed.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
thats not what im sayin you guys are taking it the wrong way. im sayin thats what ive seen them for here in califonia thats all, no need to get pissed.

Bullitt4110

Established Member
This is funny, all the people that dont have cobra are saying its not worth much while the people with cobras are saying you can get more for it.:smmon: The car at the dealer was just an example.

CbraSvt01 said:
If you going to say your car will sell for more because its in California then thats bs. If thats the case you need to list it in the California section of this forum (if one exists) because buyers in other states dont give two shits about the mark up there.

You need to take an econimics class, it called "supply and demand". He priced his car for his market.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
thanks man i was going to say something about people who dont even own cobra's are telling me what my car is worth. also i think a bone stock cobra is worth more than a modded cobra.

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
Im with CobraSvt01 on this one. Just reading this thread makes me angry. Ive been in the market for an 03-4 for a while. To be honest the thread starters attitude is crappy. "Im for sure getting more that what i paid for my car" who the hell says that? seriously. If anything youll get less, value of cars go down every year, it aggrivates me when looking for a cobra to see a 2003 going for 30k or more when its 2007. These cars arent that nice to only sell for 5k less than sticker price 3 years later come on...Stop being stuborn. i can see extremely nicer 03s with miles in the 1-10k range going for upper 20's thats about it.

Jfoster

Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
This is funny, all the people that dont have cobra are saying its not worth much while the people with cobras are saying you can get more for it.:smmon: The car at the dealer was just an example.

You need to take an econimics class, it called "supply and demand". He priced his car for his market.

And you need to come into the 90s. With the internet and such, people don't think twice about shipping items like cars. The "local market" has much less power these days. Now if you said that in certain Cali areas, some people have so much money that they make stupid purchases - then I might have to agree...and that's the only way that car will bring $30k. They do say that there is an ass for every seat - but I suggest you don't try to find one who is also internet savy.

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Quatrocky get a 03/04 cobra then we will talk these cars are way nicer than what u drive. 03/04 cobra's are the only cobra's that hold their value. in september 2005 i saw 03/04 cobras with less than 5k going for 27-32. now more than a year later i see then with 15-30k going for 26-35. i was lookin for one for 3 months im not stupid i know what my car is worth when you get one maybe u will too.

MachitRockit

Super SVT Poster
Established Member
stick with a termi, s/c saleens arnt shit, well idk about 05 and up modles tho. peace

Users who are viewing this thread