Thinking of taking my wife to Key West next year. Recommendations from those who've been there?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Fly into Panama City and rent a place in Inlet Beach or Rosemary beach (about 20-30 minutes west of Panama City airport). We just did this a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful. Beaches weren't too crowded and our house was awesome. Our house had beach chairs, umbrellas, beach games, and a golf cart to get around. While it was somewhat expensive, we loved it and will be doing it again next year.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We've stayed all around the coast of Florida, Key west was our least desirable destination. The beaches flat out suck. I would recommend Gulf side, we just had a great stay in Rosemary beach located just east of Destin. Our all time favorite is St. Pete/Pass-a grill area, we're booked there in October. It will be our 8th trip to this spot.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Fly into Panama City and rent a place in Inlet Beach or Rosemary beach (about 20-30 minutes west of Panama City airport). We just did this a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful. Beaches weren't too crowded and our house was awesome. Our house had beach chairs, umbrellas, beach games, and a golf cart to get around. While it was somewhat expensive, we loved it and will be doing it again next year.
We did Rosemary in May of this year, it would take over as our go to spot in Fl, but we can do 3 trips to St Pete for what that trip cost. Beautiful beaches and loction for sure though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Brian. The Keys are off our list for sure. I've been through St. Pete but never stayed there to vacation. Man, you guys are making me wish more and more we lived there. Or wish we had vacationed there every year. So much to see, and enjoy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
We've stayed all around the coast of Florida, Key west was our least desirable destination. The beaches flat out suck. I would recommend Gulf side, we just had a great stay in Rosemary beach located just east of Destin. Our all time favorite is St. Pete/Pass-a grill area, we're booked there in October. It will be our 8th trip to this spot.

If you haven't been, hit up Columbia. A little bit of a drive, but worth it. The Ybor city location is the oldest restaurant in FL, and has grown to take over an entire city block. It's a damn good meal! Last time I had the Cuban samplier, their house red wine, their famous bread pudding... so damn good!!!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
If you haven't been, hit up Columbia. A little bit of a drive, but worth it. The Ybor city location is the oldest restaurant in FL, and has grown to take over an entire city block. It's a damn good meal! Last time I had the Cuban samplier, their house red wine, their famous bread pudding... so damn good!!!

Thanks for the recommendation, I've heard of this place, but never been. We fly into Tampa so this may be a lunch option before or after our trip.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Thanks Brian. The Keys are off our list for sure. I've been through St. Pete but never stayed there to vacation. Man, you guys are making me wish more and more we lived there. Or wish we had vacationed there every year. So much to see, and enjoy.
The Gulf coast, especially St. Pete, is high on our radar for a place to retire in 9 years 10 months (not that i'm counting lol). Either there or a cabin on a lake in the mountains of TN, to be close to the Gulf...

Enjoy your trip Bob, let us know where you decide to go.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Even though you’re a unhinged sufferer of TDS I do agree. That restaurant is fookin phenomenal. We loved it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Gulf coast, especially St. Pete, is high on our radar for a place to retire in 9 years 10 months (not that i'm counting lol). Either there or a cabin on a lake in the mountains of TN, to be close to the Gulf...

Enjoy your trip Bob, let us know where you decide to go.
I will do that. My wife and I talked about the trip earlier today. She kind of wants to go to St. Augustine and I lean towards Siesta Key/Sarasota (I love the beach and I want to avoid huge crowds). If we take two weeks, we could do both. One week might more limit us to one place. We'll see.

SouthJerseySvt

Established Member
Highly recommend Anna Maria Island. The beaches imo are better and less crowded than siesta key. The island is low key and shuts down early. It’s just north of Longbot Key.

SouthJerseySvt

Established Member
Highly recommend Anna Maria Island. The beaches are less crowded than Siesta Key and imo the beaches are nicer. There’s great restaurants in the town and the vibe is super low key. Everything seems to shut down early so there’s no night life if that’s what you are looking for. Anna Maria is located just north of Longboat Key.

Users who are viewing this thread