This guy is an American. Warning extreme gore NSFW

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
The guy featured in the photos is Carlos Arredondo. He lost a son in Iraq and has since volunteered his time at many good charities..
ju8ysamu.jpg

He ran toward the blast and as you can see he his holding this mans Femoral Artery so he doesn't bleed out and die

7y6utyje.jpg

He is seen here afterwards blood soaked and holding an American flag.
This man needs never to have to buy a beer in Boston again in my opinion.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Arredondo#section_5

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Damn, Iraq claimed both his sons. One was KIA and the other killed himself several years after from being depressed from his bro's death.

"The day he learned of his son's death, Arredondo ​locked himself in a van with five gallons of gasoline and a propane torch and set the van on fire. He survived, became a peace activist, and was among the spectators who rushed toward the fumes after the explosion today."

This guy has been through some shit.

And apparently the unlucky guy in the wheelchair is in stable condition. The Man in the Cowboy Hat: Meet Carlos Arredondo, a Hero of the Boston Bombings | Mother Jones

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
wish i could :beer: with the guy. can't imagine, nor would i ever want to go through what he went through. glad the tragedies in his life didn't claim him and he's now an inspiration. again: :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO here is a real American hero. As much as he's been through in his life, he instantly jumps in to assist someone with brutal and horrendous injuries. I pray for the injured man. I can't imagine the shock he must have been in, and the emotional pain he will now have to bear. Horrible. Just plain horrible.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The guy featured in the photos is Carlos Arredondo. He lost a son in Iraq and has since volunteered his time at many good charities..
ju8ysamu.jpg

He ran toward the blast and as you can see he his holding this mans Femoral Artery so he doesn't bleed out and die

7y6utyje.jpg

He is seen here afterwards blood soaked and holding an American flag.
This man needs never to have to buy a beer in Boston again in my opinion.

Carlos Arredondo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In America, free beer and any support for anything forever!

evolve

Established Member
CobraBob I agree, the man will be scarred forever. RIP to those we lost and I hope one day acts such as this worldwide will end.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
That guy is amazing, what courage and strength that man has. That poor guy in the wheelchair....wow..he is lucky to be alive and I can't imagine losing both of your legs. I hope the perps burn in hell. :fm:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Proves to people that you do not have to be born in America to be a real American hero. God bless him!

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Just goes to show that even though your life may have extraordinary hardships, sometimes you are meant for bigger things in order to be there for other people in their time of need.

Truly heroic. :rockon:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
wow i didn't realize that was the artery, this guy is amazing, makes your feats look small compared to all he's been through and done

bscarberry

Established Member
More so, compassion for human beings.

^^^this. This guy would have done the same thing regardless of his setting. It takes true selflessness to watch an explosion on the street and then go running right for it. It's people like this that we should all strive to emulate instead of our favorite athletes or movie stars.

Users who are viewing this thread