This is how I wish your '03 could launch...

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by Joe Lynch
Elapidae--I didn't get a movie of the 1.43. The pics are of 1.51-1.53 second 60's. These were stills captured from a video. These are from the first two weekends of Test and Tunes. The surfaces were not really prepped/biting good yet. In other words, the car will 60' about 0.1 faster than shown later in the year. I'm not complaining, however. Here's one of a 1.47 from November....

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen1130launch.jpg

Joe

Thanks. I don't do any racing of any kind so I'm less likely to make the swap, but do you think there were any noticeable handling trade-offs made with your setup? Do you Auto-X any with this setup? Thanks again.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I think the IRS is great for everything EXCEPT hard core drag racing. I did some autocross and open track events with mine before the swap and loved it. I wouldn't swap out the IRS if I didn't want to drag race seriously.

My drag race setup is noisy, rough, doesn't handle well at all. But people can make a live axle handle fine in the twisties, mine just isn't set up for that at all.

Joe

doubleblack

Established Member
Joe, now that you've got the 03 guys all excited about what a built live axle can do, you should include a link to your write ups in your sig...w/ your help, maybe we'll see a few wheel standing 03's...

Joe Lynch

Established Member

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Here's another video from the run before the one posted above. I think one of the stills really came from this one.

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/wall0209.mpg

This isn't a wheel carrying first gear in the air type car. This is my go to work car. I just think it launches pretty good for an old guy in a 'vert.

With the torque that an '03 has, you will need a live axle to get it to launch pretty well. You guys have the power, you need the live axle. That was my point. I can launch this well with less power on poor surfaces, you guys can do better. I don't want you guys to spend two years like I did trying to band-aid the IRS.

CW03--Yes, we need to do this to your yellow car, LOL. I may make it to Dolaca on Friday night next week.

Joe Lynch

Users who are viewing this thread