This price seem good?

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I just got a quote from a local performance shop for an install. 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, idler pulley, and tr6 plugs $375 for all of it. Does this seem reasonable?

Slow

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
or you could do it yourself in 3 hours......at the most.....and just buy a puller....or ask your local area members for help

rick

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Just like Rick said, install it yourself. Then go spend that $375 on a tune. You'll feel much better afterwards and you'll feel like you really got something accomplished. :beer:

All you need are the basic tools (torque wrench, deep and standard sockets, open ended wrenches, and ramps) and you should be good.

I'm sure someone in your area has experience and would be willing to help... :beer:

Last edited:

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I would love to do it myself, but I am tool-less and have no experience. I would hate to screw something up and cost twice that to have it fixed back.

Slow

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Slow04Cobra said:
Don't get me wrong, I would love to do it myself, but I am tool-less and have no experience. I would hate to screw something up and cost twice that to have it fixed back.

Slow

There has GOT to be a few Terminator owners in the area. Post a thread up here and ask for anyone in the area willing to help to come by. I'm sure you'd get more than a few bites :beer:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I had my upper and idler installed by a shop. They charged me less<$40 bucks> than it would have cost me even to rent the puller from BF. Idler you can do yourself, very simple. And even tho I was nervous with all the talk about only 3-4 threads for the spark plugs they are cake to do, just make sure you have a tq wrench.

I can't say for sure, but for my area that sounds kinda high.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, does that 375 come with a tune as well??? If so then Yeah thats a great price......but otherwise, you are going to have to spend another 400 with those mods otherwise it will cost you thousands...

rick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Slow04Cobra said:

Slow
I see you have a 4 lb. lower in that group of mods. A lower pulley isn't one of your easier mods to install so it will take a bit more time. Which is one of the reasons that quote is $375. So if you have little or no experience DO NOT attempt it on your own. Unless you find someone in your area who has done it before or really knows what he's doing spend the $375. and you'll be happy.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I see you have a 4 lb. lower in that group of mods. A lower pulley isn't one of your easier mods to install so it will take a bit more time. Which is one of the reasons that quote is $375. So if you have little or no experience DO NOT attempt it on your own. Unless you find someone in your area who has done it before or really knows what he's doing spend the $375. and you'll be happy.

Well, I fall under the catagory of little experience. I called another place that quoted me 200-250, but I think it'll be about the same by the time I figure in the dang gas to make up for the distance diffrence.

Slow

Users who are viewing this thread