This Sat in MV

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Yeah, it was black with some big sticker on the door, big meats and I think a blue cowl hood with spacer washers under it for a bit of extra clearance. It sounded healthy.

Last edited:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
The track was a cold so it spun on some runs during the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Best run was 13.4 at 102 off the bottle. The trap times about 4 mph off what it normally runs, im thinking because of all the spinning. If your going to run to get times then id wait at least another month, for me it was an opertunity to drive my car(it stays at home while im at college) and work on improving my 60ft

Last edited:

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
Trey for every run you make, you better take off $100 off the price of those wheels you are selling me or make plans to sell them to someone else, lol

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
trey didnt come out lol. The weather scared him away too. Although i did meet another guy who moved from hawaii 6 months ago with a 01 with solid axle swap and a vortech, he is going to be signing up here soon hopefully.

MyFordsFly

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
Yeah, it was black with some big sticker on the door, big meats and I think a blue cowl hood with spacer washers under it for a bit of extra clearance. It sounded healthy.

Yea I saw him around saturday afternoon. I tried to play with him but I guess one white mustang giving him a beating was enough, lol/

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
As Charlie pointed out, this El Camino was DEFINITLEY Old School Muscle.

Saw a full cage, sheetmetal dash, all autometer gauges, cut outs, etc...

I rolled on it in 1st and spun pretty bad ( street tires) while he romped on it and kicked out the arse end when the tranny downshifted. I hit 2nd with clean traction and once he hooked he seemed to be coming on STRONG. We weren't in the best place to be having some "fun", so I shut down at the top of second. I have a sneaky suspicion he would have passed me up though.

As I told Charlie, there's ALWAYS someone carrying a bigger stick which is easy to forget rolling around with 550+HP as most of us Cobra's do...I would really like to line up with this guy one night. Should be some a good race with my DR's on.

BTW : Charlie found a GREAT race shop, Race Mart, in Burlington you all need to check out. Got some stuff all of us have probably needed at one time and had to wait to mail order. Good guys to deal with as well.

torquemonster

Established Member
suprjagr said:
Trey for every run you make, you better take off $100 off the price of those wheels you are selling me or make plans to sell them to someone else, lol

Ya, about that, haha, we are going to have to renegotiate a new lower price, cuz over time ive had them the right rear tire has become pretty bald from rubbing and the left has a few cracks on the inside wall of the tire. So basically the front tires are still in perfect condition and the rears have a little life left in them...u could probabally jsut use them for the track until they are completley useless, anyway, i'll pm u , we'll figure it out.

MyFordsFly

Established Member
saleen09 said:
As Charlie pointed out, this El Camino was DEFINITLEY Old School Muscle.

Saw a full cage, sheetmetal dash, all autometer gauges, cut outs, etc...

I rolled on it in 1st and spun pretty bad ( street tires) while he romped on it and kicked out the arse end when the tranny downshifted. I hit 2nd with clean traction and once he hooked he seemed to be coming on STRONG. We weren't in the best place to be having some "fun", so I shut down at the top of second. I have a sneaky suspicion he would have passed me up though.

As I told Charlie, there's ALWAYS someone carrying a bigger stick which is easy to forget rolling around with 550+HP as most of us Cobra's do...I would really like to line up with this guy one night. Should be some a good race with my DR's on.

BTW : Charlie found a GREAT race shop, Race Mart, in Burlington you all need to check out. Got some stuff all of us have probably needed at one time and had to wait to mail order. Good guys to deal with as well.

Well I had my DRs on and a decent tune so It might have been fun. I will be keeping my eye out for him. And yea Race Mart is kinda cool. They specialize in sprint cars but they do stock a few things that apply to all genres of hot rods.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Did anyone head to MV tonight? I drove past and there were way too many imports for comfort, and no mustangs in sight...

MyFordsFly

Established Member
There were a few people out last night. I rolled through in the 4 banger car and decided to go home and grab the V8 car and go back. Only thing there really worth it for me to race was a CBR600 with some mods. And even at that he got to see my tailights from a 40 roll.:coolman:

saleen09

Established Member
I have the little one tonight so I'll be at home. I also need to work with Oxford Snake and get my new tune/mods dialed in.......

saleen09

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:
Tune/Mods?

Will speak up :)

Joey, you should know me better than that. Only Rick and Charlie now what's up. Everyone else will have to wait and find out on the street.

When they are finished, the Mt. Vernon crew will get to sample them.......Gotta keep my rep up north intact......:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread