This sucks

Flaco1

Established Member
Not trying to put this vendor on blast but maybe about a couple of weeks ago someone did about getting the wrong parts and I wanted to vent out there but didn't and should of. But long story short is that this sucks because I put a real big purchase on layaway back in nov. 2012 and paid my balance off beginning of April and told me they would have my engine built and sent out in about 2 months. Well it's past 2 months and still nothing. Well to start with no body called and told me nothing. I had to call to find out that they are still waiting on my piston to get in. Even then after that u think they would still try to keep u posted and stuff. For the last 2 weeks I've been calling and they where shipped out about week and half ago. I called yesterday and they told me that would give me a call today for sure. Well the end of the day comes and quess what no call. I had to call them and to her that they forgot to call Manley to find out about my piston and for me to call them first thing in the morning. This has to be the worst customer service I have experience. Especially after I spent all this money. It just a bad taste in my mouth about doing business again with them. Maybe this post will get deleted but just had to vent out. Maybe after they read this they will show a little more effort in customer service.

Tyler72

Established Member
I work in a performance shop...

Let me just say that it can be very hectic and stressful. Nothing ever goes exactly as planned and there's always going to be little hiccups along the way. Like for instance, over the last couple of weeks we have had 3 cars come in that "only needed a tune." The first one was a LT1 firebird that ended up having a blown head gasket. It wasn't bad enough to make t run hot, but bad enough to put water in the exhaust. That "tune" turned into pulling the engine and going through it, swapping heads out, changing blower pulleys, etc. Once we got the engine fixed and running again, we tried tuning the new combo only to find out the fuel pump was too small. So then we had to pull the tank to swap the fuel pump. To pull the tank you have to pull the rear end out... So its an all day job to swap a fuel pump in an LT1 Fbody. Car number 2 is a Fox Body. The car came in for "just a tune." Everytime you'd hit the gas it would pop and backfire through the intake. Did a compression test and then a leak-down test only to find out that the valves are leaking horribly. So it had to get torn apart for a valve job... That one is still in process. Car number 3 came in this week for, you guessed it, "just a tune". It is a 06 3 Valve mustang GT and the owner decided to install a set of Comp Thumpr Cams on his own because he didn't want to pay for professional installation. When he dropped it off we noticed it had a CEL, so we pulled the codes and found a P0345 and P0349, which indicate Cam position is off or a bad phaser etc. It's also common for the alternator to cause this but after doing the diagnostics, its definitely something in the engine causing it. It's going to have to have the valve covers and timing cover removed to fix the issue at this point.

I'm not trying to defend the shop you took it to, but you just need to be patient. I understand it being frustrating to wait on something, but unless you just want it thrown together and half assed, I'd back off a little. It's just as frustrating to the shop and its employees as it is to you.

Flaco1

Established Member
I understand what u are saying and stuff happens but I've been real patient so far and just ask for better customer service at the least.

stang8psi

Established Member
same thing happened to me.. except I called manley and had their sales rep that deals with the company you are talking about and told them that I had been getting the BS run around and same story as you for 4 weeks when I was told I would have them in 2 weeks (no phone calls or updates) ever well they shipped them to me next day right off the assembly line no questions asked...

Flaco1

Established Member
same thing happened to me.. except I called manley and had their sales rep that deals with the company you are talking about and told them that I had been getting the BS run around and same story as you for 4 weeks when I was told I would have them in 2 weeks (no phone calls or updates) ever well they shipped them to me next day right off the assembly line no questions asked...

If you could pm the name and # of the guy u talk to or info would help. I will be giving the other company a call for sure and find out the truth. Sucks to know I ain't the only one. Thanks

stang8psi

Established Member
I called the manley plant in NJ told them the situation and the company I was dealing with and they put me through to the rep who handles the account. Problem was solved and I had my shipment within the next day or two.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I work in a performance shop...

Let me just say that it can be very hectic and stressful. Nothing ever goes exactly as planned and there's always going to be little hiccups along the way. Like for instance, over the last couple of weeks we have had 3 cars come in that "only needed a tune." The first one was a LT1 firebird that ended up having a blown head gasket. It wasn't bad enough to make t run hot, but bad enough to put water in the exhaust. That "tune" turned into pulling the engine and going through it, swapping heads out, changing blower pulleys, etc. Once we got the engine fixed and running again, we tried tuning the new combo only to find out the fuel pump was too small. So then we had to pull the tank to swap the fuel pump. To pull the tank you have to pull the rear end out... So its an all day job to swap a fuel pump in an LT1 Fbody. Car number 2 is a Fox Body. The car came in for "just a tune." Everytime you'd hit the gas it would pop and backfire through the intake. Did a compression test and then a leak-down test only to find out that the valves are leaking horribly. So it had to get torn apart for a valve job... That one is still in process. Car number 3 came in this week for, you guessed it, "just a tune". It is a 06 3 Valve mustang GT and the owner decided to install a set of Comp Thumpr Cams on his own because he didn't want to pay for professional installation. When he dropped it off we noticed it had a CEL, so we pulled the codes and found a P0345 and P0349, which indicate Cam position is off or a bad phaser etc. It's also common for the alternator to cause this but after doing the diagnostics, its definitely something in the engine causing it. It's going to have to have the valve covers and timing cover removed to fix the issue at this point.

I'm not trying to defend the shop you took it to, but you just need to be patient. I understand it being frustrating to wait on something, but unless you just want it thrown together and half assed, I'd back off a little. It's just as frustrating to the shop and its employees as it is to you.

So what I'm hearing here is, since you already have someone's money, it's okay to brush them off for the "unforeseen" business that that comes in that day.

Also, I'd say that if the customer pays you the price you quoted to properly assemble and install something, they didn't want it thrown together and half assed. It's not as though you are going to charge him less when all is said and done, and say it's because you got annoyed and did a piss poor job. So there's no need for the customer to back off when you don't do something you say you are going to do, when you are supposed to do it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hope you put it on a credit card so if it goes wrong you can do a charge back.

Flaco1

Established Member
If everything goes good I should be having my motor shipped out Monday. Can't wait. It's like Xmas all over again in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread