Thomas91169s 2013 Genesis Coupe thread

08mojo

Established Member
I've ran steel knows on all my cars. Yeah it sucks in cold and heat but you get over it. The stock knob in my car is this contoured thing, I like a knob because of how I shift, my Palm is on top not to the side.

Looks at location... San Diego, get outta here with that cold and hot nonsense! :D Nice daily!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's what I was thinking also, but then saw his response about payments. Personally I keep eyeing a CO ecoboost across the street. Just don't know if I could be happy.

Id love to have one, but while I could afford it, I will never do that sort of payment ever again.

Much rather find that awesome buy, a really low mileage used car with full warranty to 100k for low $20s and have a $300 payment that you barely notice. I remember making $550 payments on my cobra, it was like a gorilla slap to the bank account every month.

Looks at location... San Diego, get outta here with that cold and hot nonsense! :D Nice daily!

We still have cool mornings and warm summer days. Theres just more consistency in our weather lol.

What wheels do you have on your GT? Velgens?

Saw this a few weeks ago:

hyundai-genesis-coupe-velgen-vmb5-matte-gunmetal-wheels-10-1000x1000.jpg

something I might think about come wheel time.

Last edited:

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Nice. This is the one 2 door car that I have convinced the wife to get for a DD. We will prob get the 2.0T but I prob won't be running 93 octane in it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I dont have enough seat time to feel the difference in 87 vs 91. Some say that 91 will unlock up to 274hp and 87 youll get about 260. Since I drive 90% fwy and dont see much WOT time ill be sticking to 87. Maybe if I know ill be on it like for a cruise maybe.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Put exhaust on it and they sound like an SRT-4

Depends on the exhaust, honestly like a dsm there are so many combinations of parts that yield many different tones and qualities.

Though much like my dsm's, ive never spent full price for exhaust and just waited until someone had a decent setup for $200-250 and gotten that lol. Spending $600+ on piping for a catback alone is outrageous IMO.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Id love to have one, but while I could afford it, I will never do that sort of payment ever again.

Much rather find that awesome buy, a really low mileage used car with full warranty to 100k for low $20s and have a $300 payment that you barely notice. I remember making $550 payments on my cobra, it was like a gorilla slap to the bank account every month.

We still have cool mornings and warm summer days. Theres just more consistency in our weather lol.

What wheels do you have on your GT? Velgens?

Saw this a few weeks ago:

hyundai-genesis-coupe-velgen-vmb5-matte-gunmetal-wheels-10-1000x1000.jpg

something I might think about come wheel time.

Sweet wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread