Those lucky few with Schedule dates...

91svtbird

Established Member
photostream
My car arrived at the dealership this afternoon, and I drove her home tonight. I asked dealer to let me "unwrap her" and do the wash and wax. I plan to do that tomorrow. I've only driven 25 miles, basically from the dealership home so I can't give any meaningful impressions at this point. As many have said, the higher clutch pedal release is noticeable, but no big deal. I've got the base suspension, but it seems nice and firm. Shifter is nicer than the '06 C6 I sold to by her. Again, 25 miles is hardly adequate to make a meaningful assessment, but I'm happy. By the way, no clutch smell. Below is a link to a few snapshots I grabbed at the dealership. Nothing special. I'll take more shots after I clean her up.

Flickr: WAL1968's Photostream

Nice WAL Congrats !

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Fantastic!!! Yours moved quick when it moved! First thing I told the wife this morning was I looked it is still real lol. Car looks good for sure! we have bad weather for the next few days dang hurricaine/tropical storm crap so wont get to do the big cruise yet by we almost have 50 miles on her. Bad thing about the clutch is I was the first to stall it so wifie gets to rib me for a while lol. Happy for you WAL!!!

WAL

Established Member
Nice WAL Congrats !

Thanks George. Hope all ends well for you, and thanks again for keeping the "color count" up-to date.

Fantastic!!! Yours moved quick when it moved! First thing I told the wife this morning was I looked it is still real lol. Car looks good for sure! we have bad weather for the next few days dang hurricaine/tropical storm crap so wont get to do the big cruise yet by we almost have 50 miles on her. Bad thing about the clutch is I was the first to stall it so wifie gets to rib me for a while lol. Happy for you WAL!!!

Yes, I was surprised how quickly my car moved once it got out of area 51. Wednesday FCS thought it was going by rail, and Friday it shows up at the dealer having made the trip by truck. I couldn't be happier.

Okay I'll admit I stalled mine while my salesman and I were heading to the gas station for my "free" tank of gas. Oh well.....:rolling:

Hope the storm doesn't cause you any problems aside from not being able to drive your car.

Thanks usmotox. :beer:

jbs$

Established Member
Wal, congrats! My car is still enjoying it's train ride. With luck, I will get my car and a new President for my Country on the same day.

Madlock

Established Member
Not sure an X-Plan PIN would've been relevant. The '13s, like the 302s and Raptors are X-Plan ineligible. Ford allowed it for '12 on top of cutting short the year to sustain a certain rate of sell through ahead of the 5.8s, but that's it as far as GT500 goes AFAIK. Anybody whose done SRP has done well. Better bargains have been gotten, usually as a result of longstanding relationships and frequent other business. The real bingo is getting the car you want.

Don't feel a bit bad about stalling, WAL. The 3.31s and 3-ton clutch make for a VERY different car, especially if you're just stepping out of a 5.4 with 3.73s. I constantly have to remind myself which car I'm in or I'm STILL good for at least one or two accidental stalls each week. And just wait for the first time you inadvertently overcompensate. :)

Enjoy!

USV8PWR

Established Member
Congrats WAL!! Mine should be at the dealer Monday (possibly tomorrow). However, I probably won't get to see it til Friday as it is gonna be a crazy work week for my Fiance and I. BUT...WE ARE THERE! :banana:

WAL

Established Member
Wal, congrats! My car is still enjoying it's train ride. With luck, I will get my car and a new President for my Country on the same day.

Thanks jbs$, and I'm right there with you on your car arrival and a new president. :rockon:

WAL

Established Member
Congrats WAL!! Mine should be at the dealer Monday (possibly tomorrow). However, I probably won't get to see it til Friday as it is gonna be a crazy work week for my Fiance and I. BUT...WE ARE THERE! :banana:

Thanks man!!! I sure lucked out when my car ended up going totally by truck. If mine had gone by rail, I'd still be waiting. Good luck on the earliest delivery............ By the way, has your father found out about "his" new Shelby?

WAL

Established Member
Not sure an X-Plan PIN would've been relevant. The '13s, like the 302s and Raptors are X-Plan ineligible. Ford allowed it for '12 on top of cutting short the year to sustain a certain rate of sell through ahead of the 5.8s, but that's it as far as GT500 goes AFAIK. Anybody whose done SRP has done well. Better bargains have been gotten, usually as a result of longstanding relationships and frequent other business. The real bingo is getting the car you want.

Don't feel a bit bad about stalling, WAL. The 3.31s and 3-ton clutch make for a VERY different car, especially if you're just stepping out of a 5.4 with 3.73s. I constantly have to remind myself which car I'm in or I'm STILL good for at least one or two accidental stalls each week. And just wait for the first time you inadvertently overcompensate. :)

Enjoy!

I appreciate the interesting info you've been posting Madlock. Definitely informative. :rockon: And you're on the mark about the clutch. Another factor for me is the info on here about clutch problems. It has spooked me, and I think I'm now being overly cautious, trying to go for that perfectly smooth start each and every time. Once I get past the break-in period, I'll quit worrying about it............:rolling:

reason4treason

Established Member

are you our first Superman? don't know whatever happened to h34d.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Thanks man!!! I sure lucked out when my car ended up going totally by truck. If mine had gone by rail, I'd still be waiting. Good luck on the earliest delivery............ By the way, has your father found out about "his" new Shelby?

Everyone but my father knows about the car. ;-) The plan was to have him at the delivery but my mother just had a total hip replacement a couple of weeks ago plus I really need to look the car over and make sure everything is ok at the delivery. So the new plan is to drive it up to Western KY Veterans Day weekend and surprise him there in front of the family. I'm gonna try to get a photographer and/or a video of it when he sees it for the first time.

WAL

Established Member
Everyone but my father knows about the car. ;-) The plan was to have him at the delivery but my mother just had a total hip replacement a couple of weeks ago plus I really need to look the car over and make sure everything is ok at the delivery. So the new plan is to drive it up to Western KY Veterans Day weekend and surprise him there in front of the family. I'm gonna try to get a photographer and/or a video of it when he sees it for the first time.

That should be cool!!! Hopefully you'll have good weather. Good luck pulling off the surprise. :rockon:

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
FINALLY!! I'm so excited that I FINALLY have a VIN# and build date...scheduled for week of Jan 7th! :banana::banana: I'd like to thank those who have lent me their support over the past several months...I really appreciate it!!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
I posted this on another thread. But now that 1320nut brought it to the top, I figured I would post it here.

I just got the news today that my car has been scheduled for the week of Jan 7. It looks like I will be getting one of the last 2013's built. I am happy and a little sad. I'm happy that after waiting since May, it will finally be built, sad that it will be a year old car one week after it is built. A little over 7 months from order to build plus delivery.

On a positive note, for those wondering if Ford is still handing out allocations, my dealer got the one for my car about two weeks ago. So there is still hope for those waiting.

It looks like if your car does not get scheduled by the end of next week, it won't be built as a 2013MY, hopefully it will get bumped to a 2014MY.
Good luck to those still waiting, I'm pulling for you.

reason4treason

Established Member
strange days found us many moons ago. it's good that happy days are still on the prowl too even if they were slow in arriving for a bunch of us.

better late than never. onward and upward.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread