Those lucky few with Schedule dates...

jtfx6552

Established Member
FINALLY!! I'm so excited that I FINALLY have a VIN# and build date...scheduled for week of Jan 7th! :banana::banana: I'd like to thank those who have lent me their support over the past several months...I really appreciate it!!!

Glad you finally have a date and a VIN!

WAL

Established Member
FINALLY!! I'm so excited that I FINALLY have a VIN# and build date...scheduled for week of Jan 7th! :banana::banana: I'd like to thank those who have lent me their support over the past several months...I really appreciate it!!!

Congrats 1320nut!!! :rockon:

2k7gtcs

Established Member
I got my VIN and build week of 12/10/12 last Friday. It's been a long wait. Put a deposit on the car back in November. A year later there is an end in sight. ETA is 12/31/12.

Due to my dealer refusing to submit order for my second allocation car until Zone rep approved it my official order date was 7/11/12.

WAL

Established Member
I posted this on another thread. But now that 1320nut brought it to the top, I figured I would post it here.

I just got the news today that my car has been scheduled for the week of Jan 7. It looks like I will be getting one of the last 2013's built. I am happy and a little sad. I'm happy that after waiting since May, it will finally be built, sad that it will be a year old car one week after it is built. A little over 7 months from order to build plus delivery.

On a positive note, for those wondering if Ford is still handing out allocations, my dealer got the one for my car about two weeks ago. So there is still hope for those waiting.

It looks like if your car does not get scheduled by the end of next week, it won't be built as a 2013MY, hopefully it will get bumped to a 2014MY.
Good luck to those still waiting, I'm pulling for you.

Congrats Snoopy!!! Yeah, you still have a wait ahead of you, but knowing it's going to be built sure takes the anxiety out of the equation. I think it's just great that many of us that had long waits are getting our cars :beer:

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
There are a couple on Ebay now with Buy it Now's for sticker, in fact one of them is $1000.00 under invoice.

SVTKen

Established Member
My order was submitted on October 31st. This was one of those reallocation orders. The dealer had until 5 PM to confirm he wanted the allocation. Fortunately, I had sent the salesman an e-mail one week earlier letting him know I wanted a Shelby. I have a VIN and build date of December 17th. I consider myself very lucky.

Last edited:

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
My order was submitted on October 31st. This was one of those reallocation orders. The dealer had until 5 PM to confirm he wanted the allocation. Fortunately, I had sent the salesman an e-mail one week earlier letting him know I wanted a Shelby. I have a VIN and build date of December 17th. I consider myself very lucky.

Must be nice

MNCobra

Established Member
if i have the VIN is there a way to track the progress without having to call the dealer for updates?

Snoopy49

Established Member
if i have the VIN is there a way to track the progress without having to call the dealer for updates?

800-367-3788 option 1
Have your VIN available.
For those of you without VIN's, have your order number and dealer code available.

railroad

Established Member
Got a Nov 2 build date, 3 to 6 weeks ETA from SVT. I called the dealer Nov 5 about a visibility report and had to leave a message. I called Ford today and was told the vehicle is on the assembly line and the ETA is Dec 10. Dealer left a message today and said the ETA was Nov 20th. I guess I can sit on this information for about 10 days and then I will have to get my fix and get an update.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was just told that my car has an ETA of Jan 22. I am seriously considering canceling my order. The way it is going now, there are probably going to be 2014 Mustangs on the same truck as my car. I am not feeling good about paying good money for what will be last years model.
Any suggestions. I have been waiting since May.

railroad

Established Member
I was just told that my car has an ETA of Jan 22. I am seriously considering canceling my order. The way it is going now, there are probably going to be 2014 Mustangs on the same truck as my car. I am not feeling good about paying good money for what will be last years model.

Not that I would live long enough for an anniversary model to be highly valuable, but I would prefer an anniversary model. How will anyone know the diff between a 13 and 14, other than you. Jan 22 is a stretch, but I have a gut feeling that date will improve.

Snoopy49

Established Member
It's scheduled for the week of Jan 7, so two weeks for delivery doesn't sound unusual.
I will be long gone before this car is worth more than I paid for it, so I can't view this as an investment. The way this country keeps printing money and giving it away, the car could sale for $100,000 ten years from now, unfortunately it will only be worth $25,000 in 2012 dollars.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
It's scheduled for the week of Jan 7, so two weeks for delivery doesn't sound unusual.
I will be long gone before this car is worth more than I paid for it, so I can't view this as an investment. The way this country keeps printing money and giving it away, the car could be sale for $100,000 ten years from now, unfortunately it will only be worth $25,000 in 2012 dollars.

Do you know how long you plan to keep it? Do you like either of the new 14 colors better?

If you are going to keep it awhile, i'd just get it. A few years from now the resale difference between a 13 and 14 will be negligible. If you plan to trade in on a 15 though, it may not be so negligible.

I'd at least try to get the dealer to knock of some money since you are getting a 1 model year old car. I kinda doubt they will budge though.

idaho

Established Member

I'm almost in the same boat (build in mid-Dec) and have similar feelings, but I am not willing to wait untold more months for a 2014. Especially since no dealer in my area will sell their first allocation without ADM. In a few years, the value difference will be small and a potential buyer would likely be equally interested in either model year.

Another way to look at it is that if you wait another 6 months or so for a MY2014 build date, the amount of time that you will have a car that looks new is even smaller because of the upcoming body style change. I think it would be much worse to have your 2014 GT500 arrive on the same truck as a 2015 GT!

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks everyone! My original build week of January 7th has been moved up to December 17th!! Original ETA to dealer was January 23...don't have the new ETA yet but so excited!!! :banana::dancenana::rockon:

How close was your VIN to mine? Was it before or after? I am wonder if my build date will be moved up.

SVTKen

Established Member
Thanks everyone! My original build week of January 7th has been moved up to December 17th!! Original ETA to dealer was January 23...don't have the new ETA yet but so excited!!! :banana::dancenana::rockon:

That's the exact same build date as mine! Ours will roll off the assembly line on the very same day. Pretty cool :)

Users who are viewing this thread